Help in identifying led bulb for replacement

kurtjski

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
My name is Kurt and I am new to this forum. I have been messing with LEDs for years, but never got a very good education on them
4zkXHrY
- now I am stumped and am turning to the pros.
I have 4 under-counter LED strips with 22 LEDs in each- 1 LED bulb on each of 2 of the strips has quit working, and since they are wired in series, the strips are inoperable. My dilemma is that when I test a good bulb with an ohmmeter, no matter what range I use I get "1", so I have no idea what the resistance is, or how to identify it for a replacement- all I know is that it is 6mm diameter at the largest point. The only way I was able to ID which bulb was bad is that I discovered that if I had my ohmmeter on the "200" range that the good bulbs would light up when I put the tester to them. I then robbed a good bulb from 1 inoperable strip and replaced the defective one with it in the other, so I have 3 strips that are working now.
Any assistance would be much appreciated!

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If you could post a picture, it would help a lot. There's a trick to it on this forum. You have to have the picture somewhere else, like photobucket, google drive, dropbox, etc. Then you can paste a link either directly in the text of your post, where it will appear as a link, or in the dialog box that comes up when you click the 'insert an image' button. That way it comes up directly in your post. Remember, max 800 x 800 pixels.

kurtjski

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much for the help DIWdiver- I had tried to post pictures but they wouldn't show up because too high resolution
UK88B9t
. So here goes: https://imgur.com/a/UK88B9t
I tested the voltage on a good bulb- they are running on 3 volts- used 2 D batteries in series to test. Also, when I measure the voltage across the back of a good bulb with the power on it shows 2.89 volts, and from the beginning of the strip to the end it is 65 volts, each LED in series.
Thanks again for any assistance!

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
generic 5mm.
the ones i linked are about the best i have used and are 5000k high cri types.
appear pure white with no obnoxious tints.
jury is still out on how these compare to the yuji but that comparison is in the works.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-500Pcs-F5-5MM-White-Color-White-Light-Round-Superbrigh-t-LED-Lamps/131899349854?hash=item1eb5d05b5e:g:QFgAAOSw5ZBWHcBR

Thanks so much for the help DIWdiver- I had tried to post pictures but they wouldn't show up because too high resolution
UK88B9t
. So here goes: https://imgur.com/a/UK88B9t
I tested the voltage on a good bulb- they are running on 3 volts- used 2 D batteries in series to test. Also, when I measure the voltage across the back of a good bulb with the power on it shows 2.89 volts, and from the beginning of the strip to the end it is 65 volts, each LED in series.
Thanks again for any assistance!

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could be that the generic 5mm LED would be too tall, as yours looks rather stubby. But really, all you need is the right pin spacing (standard is 0.1" or 5.08mm; 5mm also works), color, and height.