Imalent        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

Default Re: HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

Light received.

Shipped to badbs101 today, it should be there Monday.

So, when I bought the Clicky pictures with the Rotary I labored over the decision for a long time. Eventually I decided on the Clicky due to price and pocket clip options between the two. The Clicky is a 325 with OP reflector for reference in the beam shots. The thing that was most noticeable is that when using the rotary control it steps through the different levels, as in, you can see it step to the next level. Itís not a smooth transition. Thatís not bad or good, it was just the first thing I noticed. I can see the appeal of the Rotary for sure but for me, Iím glad I chose the Clicky.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by A-MAC View Post
    ...I can see the appeal of the Rotary for sure but for me, Iím glad I chose the Clicky.

Thank you for the post. Why are you glad you chose the Clicky?

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Thank you for the post. Why are you glad you chose the Clicky?
    I initially went with the Clicky because I didnít like the pocket clip options for the Rotary. Either you use a bulky (in my opinion) pocket clip that fits around the tail cap, or a clip-on pocket clip that fits around the body or you use a standard pocket clip that fits under the bezel forcing you to carry lens up. Having the Rotary in hand confirmed the above for me.

Also though, the Clicky is more like the other lights I frequently carry (BOSS 35 and McGizmo Haiku) both of which employ rear tail switches with momentary forward click ability. So, there is consistency in operation.

Furthermore, after thinking about it, being able to see it step though the brightness levels is weird. I might get used to it but I was expecting a smooth transition. Iím not sure where I got that idea, maybe I just didnít read enough about when I was buying.

Flashaholic*

I honestly thought it would be a clear transition as well instead of seeing them change like a clicky. Not a dealbreaker for me but worth noting for sure. Thanks for the review!
    TOOLvn,TN36UTvn,TN32UTvn,SK68vn,SK98vn,M2Xvn,P60vn quad <<bit of a theme. several variations of S1Baton, srMini, Factor Equipment ghost 130, Cossatot 1000xl, Mizpah 300 Reylight copper tool

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by A-MAC View Post
    Furthermore, after thinking about it, being able to see it step though the brightness levels is weird. I might get used to it but I was expecting a smooth transition. Iím not sure where I got that idea, maybe I just didnít read enough about when I was buying.
    Thank you for the insights in to the Clicky.
    Last edited by RCS1300; Today at 11:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12