Possibly Eneloop Version of Energizer?

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
I've stumbled across these energizer rechargeable recently at local store. Upon inspection the metallic surface of anode and cathode seems to resemble the matte texture of eneloop. So I flip back and look at the country of origin and guess what? Made in Japan. Before this, all other energizer rechargeable are china made. So I was wondering, if this is like panasonic eneloop, being manufactured by fujitsu and then rebadged under panasonic. The one on this only last up to 1000 cycle though. But as we all know, the standard japaneses eneloop can last up to 2100 cycle in ideal condition. Why the huge difference? :confused:

I1571362698.jpg

357mag1

Enlightened
Energizer have had "Made in Japan" rechargeable AA's forever. I've been buying them for years. They do have "Made in China" ones as well which I avoid. The "Made in Japan" ones used to have a green top but recently (in the last or 4 years) switched to a black top. The switch to a black top was kind of confusing because the older "Made in China" Energizer AA's had black tops.

To make sure I bought the correct ones I used to look for the green top now I have to read the fine print on the back to see if they are made in Japan.

Not sure if these new ones are a repackaging of Eneloops or not

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer have had "Made in Japan" rechargeable AA's forever. I've been buying them for years. They do have "Made in China" ones as well which I avoid. The "Made in Japan" ones used to have a green top but recently (in the last or 4 years) switched to a black top. The switch to a black top was kind of confusing because the older "Made in China" Energizer AA's had black tops.

To make sure I bought the correct ones I used to look for the green top now I have to read the fine print on the back to see if they are made in Japan.

Not sure if these new ones are a repackaging of Eneloops or not

Yep.

Green fiber washers on my 2010 AAs, which have all read 2300mAh and I think that the AAAs read 850mAh, but I no longer have those.

I've used them for years, since I got a Gateway Destination PC in '97 and it used an RF keyboard and mouse. I soon learned that rechargeables were the way to go since the KB too 4 AAs and the pistol mouse took 4 AAAs.

I'm charging some AAs up from earlier batches with 7-10 date codes stamped in and while they're not 'fresh as a daisy', they're good enough and are testing over 1800+mAh.

I see differing iterations and Chinese/Japanese, but I'm a fan of the 2300s most probably from the FDK plant in Japan, since they last so long.

Chris

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've stumbled across these energizer rechargeable recently at local store. Upon inspection the metallic surface of anode and cathode seems to resemble the matte texture of eneloop. So I flip back and look at the country of origin and guess what? Made in Japan. Before this, all other energizer rechargeable are china made. So I was wondering, if this is like panasonic eneloop, being manufactured by fujitsu and then rebadged under panasonic. The one on this only last up to 1000 cycle though. But as we all know, the standard japaneses eneloop can last up to 2100 cycle in ideal condition. Why the huge difference? :confused:

I1571362698.jpg

They are rebranded Eneloops. The AA's are hi capacity equivalent to Eneloop Pros, not sure about the AAA's, they may be rebranded standard capacity Eneloops. Each battery manufacture uses their own criteria for the number of cycles and capacity, as these very a great deal depending on how they are tested and how much of a degradation of capacity is acceptable. Energizer is much more conservative in their claims than Eneloop so the claimed numbers are going to be lower, but the cells are the same (at least that was the case when I tested the AA versions against Eneloop Pros and Duracell Ion Cores, all had the same capacity).

markr6

Flashaholic
4% recycled content...weak. I know, you gotta start somewhere!

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it because it is true. Different companies in different countries use different so called international standards, national standards or their own in house standards.

I was hoping that you could provide a citation to backup your claim (as I did). Do you have one? While it is possible that Energizer might be using something different than the ubiquitous IEC standard, if you wish to convince me of that then you'll have to provide much stronger evidence than "I believe it because it is true".

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping that you could provide a citation to backup your claim (as I did). Do you have one? While it is possible that Energizer might be using something different than the ubiquitous IEC standard, if you wish to convince me of that then you'll have to provide much stronger evidence than "I believe it because it is true".

I don't care to convince you of anything, but I could provide a link to my own post above, as you did to your post you linked to if that will help?

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care to convince you of anything, but I could provide a link to my own post above, as you did to your post you linked to if that will help?

But I don't see any Energizer literature citations in any of your posts above. My post that I linked above gives direct links to the eneloop catalog where they state the precise IEC tests behind their claims. But I still have no idea why you believe your claim. Did you read it somewhere? Did you work for Energizer on such matters? Or is it simply a guess?

The web is littered with false information about battery science, so it is wise to be skeptical of unfounded claims.

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
4% recycled content...weak. I know, you gotta start somewhere!

The Energizer claim to be the "WORLD"S FIRST made with (4%) RECYCLED BATTERIES" is spectacularly false, since anyone who has disassembled cheap Chinese batteries knows well that many are made with 100% recycled batteries (e.g. rewrapped laptop pulls). My favorite is this Frankenstein monster fake Sony NP-F970 videocam battery - which will surely make your jaw drop in awe. Energizer has a long way to go to top that.