Found my old Maglite 4D project, any hope?

Zepticon

Newly Enlightened
So, as the title said i did some digging and found my old and not finished Maglite 4D projects.
From my old spec sheet, this is what i got:

LightMaglite 4D
LensULC Lens
ReflectorPhoenix PA11.1 AQ
LEDNoctigon MT-G2
HeatsinkP7 Flat Top "D"
DriverH6FLEX

LED specs:
6V Version
Approximated light output:
920-970lumens @ 1100mA 25°C
2116-2232lumens @ 3000mA 25°C

and

LightMaglite 4D
LensULC Lens
ReflectorOEM Maglite Rebel
LED
Noctigon XM-L2
HeatsinkRebel
DriverLFLEX V3

Now from waht i remember, my problem in the end was that i did not manage to find the batteries needed to power the G2. I tried a 4AA-to-D adapter but that ender in a fire, so i put everything away and forgot about it.
So, any suggestions on what i can do to pick it up again? My initial tests with the G2 LED was promising, and according to the specs i had 2k+ lumens (for 2 mins before the battery caught fire). For the other lower spec setup i cant fint the voltage the LED is rated for, and i never tried to build it.

What would you guys do? I got parts for 4 lights in total :D

Rmk47

Newly Enlightened
So, as the title said i did some digging and found my old and not finished Maglite 4D projects.
From my old spec sheet, this is what i got:

LightMaglite 4D
LensULC Lens
ReflectorPhoenix PA11.1 AQ
LEDNoctigon MT-G2
HeatsinkP7 Flat Top "D"
DriverH6FLEX

LED specs:
6V Version
Approximated light output:
920-970lumens @ 1100mA 25°C
2116-2232lumens @ 3000mA 25°C

and

LightMaglite 4D
LensULC Lens
ReflectorOEM Maglite Rebel
LEDNoctigon XM-L2
HeatsinkRebel
DriverLFLEX V3

Now from waht i remember, my problem in the end was that i did not manage to find the batteries needed to power the G2. I tried a 4AA-to-D adapter but that ender in a fire, so i put everything away and forgot about it.
So, any suggestions on what i can do to pick it up again? My initial tests with the G2 LED was promising, and according to the specs i had 2k+ lumens (for 2 mins before the battery caught fire). For the other lower spec setup i cant fint the voltage the LED is rated for, and i never tried to build it.

What would you guys do? I got parts for 4 lights in total :D

Zepticon,

Most of my experience with Mags is DD, but I did do two XM-Ls. That's the easy one. One 26650 will power tha XM-L very well. Then you use 1" copper pipe, with end caps, as a spacer to the tail cap.

I have never worked with the G-2; my experience with 6 VDC CREE emitters was with the XH-P 50.2 and the 70.2. I am guessing that the setup would be the same. Two 26650s will power the 6 VDC emitters just fine, DD, or with your driver. So, you use two batteries, and the remaining piece of 1" copper cut to length, with end caps.

I'll tell you my funny 4D story. I too have one, so I got the idea to run a 12 VDC 50.2 powered by 4 of the orange, 4200 Mah batteries. Worked great! in the spirit of, "If a little is good, more is better, and too much is just right", I wondered what the more robust black 5000+ Mah 26650s would do. A split second measurement showed that the amperage went waaaay up. Being dumber than a box of rocks, I buttoned it up and took it outside. Hit the switch, and was rewarded with the most beautiful bright light, for about one second.

I then installed a 12 VDC 70.2, the weaker orange batteries, and haven't done anything stupid with it since. It works well that way. Honestly, though, the idea of using a driver to power a 50.2, 70.2, or whatever 6 VDC or 12 VDC escapes me. Once you find the sweet spot in battery sag, it's all good, DD.

Bob