Looking for a flashlight to upgrade my Proton Pro

protonpro

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a simple flashlight to upgrade from my proton pro. Would like for it to be small in size (doesn't need to be as small as the Proton, rechargeable, simple to use, and a minimum of 1000 brightness with a decent battery life. Price is not important. Would be nice to have RED led option but not necessary. Any suggestions?

Which brand has the best customer service or warranty?

Thanks for your help.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, but thread was moved to "Recommend" subforum.

There are many flashlights that may meet your listed criteria above, at least without the optional dual color output.

You say "price is not important" but on CPF, items are regularly discussed which range from $10 to $10K, so narrowing down that range a bit is most helpful.

If budget is truly open, you need 1000 lumen, and you want both red and white output, you could start by looking at the BOSS by Oveready (who also provide excellent customer service)

Good luck !

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome indeed. I had two different Photon Pro's back when they came out. You will find some excellent possibilities. Instead of an additional red emitter (although the Oveready BOSS in amber or red is a fantastic choice) you might consider a flashlight with a very low mode. Called sub lumen or firefly, it can replace red for low light scenarios. The Nitecore TIP or TINI is a choice. Order from nitecorestore or illumn for good customer service should something go wrong. If you are looking for something with more (more cost) then others can help you. If you tell us how you carry and use or plan to use this tool, it could help to zero in what might go really well for you. Happy hunting.