XTAR Customer Service - AWOL?

I write in the hope that the good people at XTAR will see this and respond.

On May 31, 2018, I purchased two items from XTAR Direct: a MecArmy illumineX-4 Aluminum EDC Flashlight, and the XTAR PB2 Powerbank and Battery Charger All-in-One (with two high-drain 18650 cells included). The invoice number is: LD163216873.

The Powerbank/Charger arrived in a matter of days. The little MecArmy flashlight however has still not appeared as of July 3, 2018.

Here's what's annoying me: in the five weeks since I placed my order, I've made eight (8) separate attempts to contact XTAR, including direct e-mail to the customer service address, and responding to e-mail messages from XTAR asking me to review the product I have not yet received. All attempts to elicit a response from the customer service folks have failed. (The XTAR server does not appear to be accepting messages sent from my ISP. I have no idea why this might be.)

The order fulfillment for the Powerbank/Charger was top-notch, but XTAR really dropped the ball with regard to the flashlight.

So, has anyone else experienced inconsistent customer service from XTAR?

UPDATE: I tried again to reply to a "please review your purchase" message from XTAR. My message was bounced because" The email account that you tried to reach does not exist."

UPDATE #2: I was able finally to contact the seller. Here's the secret: XTAR Direct is just a domain name; the real seller behind XTAR Direct is Prizm Lite, LLC. I found the company name and contact information on my PayPal receipt. To its credit, Prizm Lite responded to me within a matter of hours after my e-mail message to them was sent, with a message informing me that the missing light was no longer available, and a refund had been posted to my credit card account. I therefore recommend that if you have a customer service issue with XTAR (or indeed, any other online merchant), check your payment receipt to identify the legal entity receiving the payment - that's the entity to contact.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xtar make some great gear, but they only seem to contribute here if they're trying to sell us stuff.
Good luck, hopefully this thread will get the result that you want.
P

markr6

Flashaholic
UPDATE: I tried again to reply to a "please review your purchase" message from XTAR. My message was bounced because" The email account that you tried to reach does not exist."

I get those a lot from companies and they seem to be automated. So I wouldn't reply to those since they go nowhere. Try to stick with the "[email protected]" type email addresses, if they have one.

Sos24

Enlightened
UPDATE #2: I was able finally to contact the seller. Here's the secret: XTAR Direct is just a domain name; the real seller behind XTAR Direct is Prizm Lite, LLC. I found the company name and contact information on my PayPal receipt. To its credit, Prizm Lite responded to me within a matter of hours after my e-mail message to them was sent, with a message informing me that the missing light was no longer available, and a refund had been posted to my credit card account. I therefore recommend that if you have a customer service issue with XTAR (or indeed, any other online merchant), check your payment receipt to identify the legal entity receiving the payment - that's the entity to contact.

Glad to hear you at least got a refund, although it stinks you didn't get the light you wanted and took so long to find out.

Thanks for passing on the information for contacting XTAR. Hopefully, I won't ever need it but I do have a charger from them.