• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Copper Mushroom Nightlight/moodlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. After much trepidation and fear of putting myself out there I decided to make and offer for sale a cpl of my little creations that I myself have been getting alot of fun and enjoyment from. I love copper in ay of its forms/states from highly polished to patina and corroded. I also love glass and light and how all the can come together and create something pleasing to look at and also perform some thing functional and useful.

awhile back I had an idea to try and make something more suited to my needs/tastes since I wasn't seeing much out there. after a few prototypes and messing around I came up with what you see below . I have a few around the house and everyone who sees them really likes them. Output is warm tint and on the low side. The led is rated at .5watts and probably in the 10-15 lumen range? the light is refracted and diffused through the beautiful glass mushroom head and output is directed mostly upwards as ceiling bounce with and it creates wonderful and interesting patterns . each is a little different . the copper of the body adds to the warmth and character of the light emitted. at .5 watts energy consumption will be under $5 a year I estimate. I have mine on timers for worry free operation. they utilize standard UCL rated plugs for outlet and the light fixture is a candelabra base. These are great as kids nightlights or mood lighting . The wife loves the one in the kitchen at night. Its just enough light to guide you to the sink or fridge but not blind or light the whole room up . even during the day its great to have on .

So I made a few more after supplying to family and friends requests. They are time consuming to make as its all done by hand by just me . They are also a bit expensive as the copper alone is not cheap and theres a lot of it. I am not a manufacturer or wholesaler so all components are sourced at full retail . the copper parts alone are about $35-$40 . But I wanted to make just a few when I had the time and offer them here
so that some of you might enjoy them and having a unique piece for the home or office. I debated long and hard over what to set the price at. shipping alone I estimate would be at least $10 as the weight 2-3 pounds. Its all copper and solid glass!!!. Not looking to make a profit just seeking the pleasure of knowing there are a few of these out there being enjoyed for years to come. So the price I will set is just covering materials and shipping. My time invested is free !! :eek:

These lights are totally user friendly and can be disassembled and rebuilt to change the bulb or clean/polish. they are polished but uncoated so they will patina (which I personally like) and an be polished to restore the shine. I contemplated clear coating but did not. Each comes with a spare bulb for years of use and additional candelabra bulbs are easily sourced for higher outputs. on the shorter lights it is necessary to shorten the bulb for fitment . Changing the bulb is easily done by removing the base from the bottom unscrewing the bulb and screwing the new one in.

A dial switch is in line on the cord for on/off.

anyway I will stop here and post the photos

I have 5 of the shorter version. two of those have black cords. 3 have brown. I can change to white if desired. These are $65 ea shipped CONUS

1 is taller and is a diffent style. Kind of reminds me of the Lost in Space robot!! the "snout" or "appendage" is brass with a glass orb mounted which can be either green/amber or turgouise. Not much light reaches it though at night it is faintly illuminated and is a neat variation. this big guy is a little top heavy so placement should be somewhere secure and not wobbly . the concern wouldn't be damaging the brute but in damaging what ever it contacted!! This one off of which there will only be the one is $75 .

If anyone is interested let me know. I hope they are received well and I appreciate your comments and thoughts (don't be too mean ok?)

Thanx for looking if I think of more to add I will

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
Since my, "friend" egginator1, has already bought up 3 lights, I'll have to settle for a "shorty". Please put me down for one, Zandar

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
wow I am beyond flattered at the interest and enthusiasm in these lights!!

It looks like all are spoken for. as I ship I will PM tracking numbers to you each.

there is possibly 1 more I could make but it will take some time . and its a bigger version simillar to the short ones but taller and fatter. would have to acquire parts and process the copper .

Status
Not open for further replies.