H17F problems

hkwinger

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I hope this is the correct area for this question. I have a rotablade vision that per its specs came with an H17F. It was working great with Moon/low/medium/high brightness levels, but today out of the blue it started to only go to turbo and off. I cant seem to get into programming. I have alot of torches and normally I can half press the clicky 8 times and know pretty well how to program this driver. Now it only goes on/off and wont go into programming so I cant even reset it.

Has anyone seen this before and does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Hi guys, I hope this is the correct area for this question. I have a rotablade vision that per its specs came with an H17F. It was working great with Moon/low/medium/high brightness levels, but today out of the blue it started to only go to turbo and off. I cant seem to get into programming. I have alot of torches and normally I can half press the clicky 8 times and know pretty well how to program this driver. Now it only goes on/off and wont go into programming so I cant even reset it.

Thanks!

According to the drjones instructions:

12 taps: Toggle prog-lock, disables programming the light. Mode lock and switching between mode groups (1 or 2 taps in the config menu) will still work, also 12 taps again to unlock, but all other config options won't.

If you still cannot get it to work you can replace the driver with the same one from mtn electronics.

hkwinger

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate it but I don't think I can even get it into programming. Just turbo/off. I will have to find someone who can replace the electronics for me.

Thanks

Cobraman502

Enlightened
It honestly sounds like you locked it to a single mode. Tap 8 times then hold if you have a forward clicky. If reverse clicky, click 1 time then tap 8 times until you see a dim pulsing. Once there tap 1 time. This will remove it from locked mode.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Here is the cheat sheet.

3d1ca25cb2ca6359a321e47261b73121.jpg

http://drjones.nerdcamp.net/h17f.html

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The eight taps need to be very fast to work. My first H17F frustrated me for a while because I wasn't clicking fast enough to get into programming mode.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wondering if you replaced the battery(s) with the switch on, causing it to flash randomly, changing the program. Have you programmed it before? Is it in the alternate mode group? Is the switch forward or reverse clicky? You probably do not have the other kind of switch to try. Good luck. It is not that hard to get stumped with it, hopefully it will just take some time. Once (if) you do get into program mode, maybe a reset to default settings would be a starting point?

hkwinger

Newly Enlightened
I have programmed many h17F's before with success. I may have replaced the battery with the clicky on but don't think so. It is a normal clicky. My issue is getting it into programming. It may be bad electronics, as it randomly with go to a weak strobe on a quick double tap but not consistently. I am sending it to my friend Charles. Im sure he will get it straightened out.

Thanks

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could be an issue with the switch or maybe a contact issue with the driver. I had an issue with my McRegulus where it would run very dim on all modes, but i could fix it by simply bumping it lightly in my hand. Ended up being a ground issue with the driver.

vento611

Newly Enlightened

Thanks!

sounds like its shorted to ground(led neg to ground).. therefore its running in direct drive & they'll be no way to enter programming.
let me know if you need further help.

Last edited: