• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

DC-2WOW

Exeter354

Enlightened
Incredible work Jeff! It does not get better than this! How could it possibly??

Look at this package!

42673545104_00ed8090ec_b.jpg

Everything is branded except the light! Even the packing foam has the logo! You are all class Jeff! And one hell of a machinist!! This light is way beyond. I've owned a whole lotta lights, but I'm pretty blown away by this one...

42673544984_053b85653b_b.jpg

42673544904_3e94410a47_b.jpg

Thanks so much Jeff!!!

Zandar

Enlightened
Absolutely the nicest package I've seen yet! I gotmine on Wednesday

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1. By the high standards set by the DC1, I'm definite the DC2 is equally awesome.

hard_six

Newly Enlightened
DC2 is amazing! I love it way more than I had imagined. Still very compact! My DC1's are taking a back seat for a bit. Lol.

nbp

Flashaholic
Wowza! Things have come a long way since the beginnings! That is gorgeous, and the packaging is super cool.

Exeter354

Enlightened
how u liking the DC2 vs the DC1, which one if you can only have 1?

Tough question to answer as each has it's own advantages and disadvantages relative to one another. The DC1 is more compact, lighter, a bit easier carry perhaps, but you sacrifice some run time with the 18350. The DC2 isn't that much longer/heavier to some, but might be prohibitive to others for daily carry perhaps, but then you get that 18650 run time. Both are gorgeous pieces of sculpture. If I could only have one, I'd base it on what I already have. For example, if I had a 18350 BOSS 35, then I'd probably keep the DC2 for variety. If I had a 18650 BOSS 70, then I'd probably keep the DC1. Fortunately, I have all of the above and enjoy them all at different times and in different capacities, so I don't have to make that difficult decision. At the moment, I'm having a love affair with this DC2, so it's getting more use than all the rest, but you have to factor in which is more practical for your personal needs.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 well said.

I tend to prefer Al or Ti on an 18650 body mainly for weight considerations. I can go as heavy as copper or brass for 18350 body.

hjdca

Newly Enlightened
I finally have both the DC1 and the DC2 in titanium, both purchased on CPF ! I am now running H17F or the Lucidrv2 driver in both with N219c triples. They are both the same brightness on direct drive, but, the DC2 seems to have a little more throw, maybe, TBC. Of Course, the biggest advantage of the DC2 is how much it can take on full blast. Bigger Copper Pill, better heat dissipation, bigger battery. When I go to the car show at night, I prefer the DC2. I can use the light on many engines on full blast and easily manage the heat and battery. There is no loss of brightness the whole night. On my daily carry, I use the DC1, where I rarely use direct drive. Direct drive is too bright for indoors or in the car, so, I tend to only use it outside when there is zero light, and this is rare where I live. The DC1 on 25% or 33% is plenty bright for almost all jobs, so, with a 1100 mah battery, you get quite a run time on the DC1 with those brightness levels. All that being said, the DC2 is very impressive and quite a unique Triple with a great copper pill. Enjoy the Pics below !!

Edit: BTW, the best setting I found on the H17F with the DC2 is: short Cycle Memory, steps - 17, 20, 22, double tap 24, 2, then 2 more low modes. Something like that.... So, this way, it always defaults to 17 for daytime, and you are always between 17 and 22, then 24 when you double tap. At night, you cycle through the modes to get your low mode set when you need night vision. It actually works great for me, and I only have to go through the 3 low modes when I need night vision.

Last edited:

jso902

Enlightened
Odd question...
Can you Lego the dc2 head with the dc1 body to use a 18500?

hjdca

Newly Enlightened
Odd question...
Can you Lego the dc2 head with the dc1 body to use a 18500?

I am not sure, check out this pic. The DC2 is designed with much more heat dissipation in mind. The big battery of the DC2 goes way into the head and into the copper pill. The DC2 is really a cool design and this feature makes it well balanced. I did not think I could mouth it while working on the car, but, it is so well balanced that you can mouth use it for a while.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Thanks for this great thread and to all the folks that posted for all the great contributions!