New HDS forum!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't even know some of these threads existed! This is much more organized. Well done, CPF.

Why do I get the feeling that 60% of the activity on the main LED section just moved down here?

moltenmag

Enlightened
I started a thread HDS EDC pics... maybe that should move to HDS as well

nbp

Flashaholic
I have moved over the previous 19 parts of the Ra/HDS Clicky/Rotary saga as well as the two part Twisty series and an info repository for the historians among us. If you adjust your settings you should be able to see them as they are quite old and may not show up automatically in the forum in your browser. As you search you will find there are many, many threads on these lights over the past near decade. If in your hunting you find other particularly useful threads, feel free to post a link and we can move them over. Thanks.

I have moved over the previous 19 parts of the Ra/HDS Clicky/Rotary saga as well as the two part Twisty series and an info repository for the historians among us. If you adjust your settings you should be able to see them as they are quite old and may not show up automatically in the forum in your browser. As you search you will find there are many, many threads on these lights over the past near decade. If in your hunting you find other particularly useful threads, feel free to post a link and we can move them over. Thanks.

Thank you for the organization. It a great improvement. :thumbsup:

~ Chance

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
at first I didn't like the idea because i don't like to be running all over the place....now that I went to the HDS section rather than #20 thread; I will have to say this is much nicer and easier to find all the HDS threads.

As Modern Flame said; i didn't even know many of these threads existed. I guess it was a step in the right direction and a good choice

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is much nicer for me as well. I pretty much was only in the HDS threads and I would forget where they all were. Don't laugh. You will get old too!

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what should be done with the Malkoff threads. But I guess Gene would need to administer it, and he probably doesn't want to consume the quantities of rum that it would require.
P

d13avo

Enlightened
Dan was not kidding about expecting big changes to HDS, titanium, bronze, brass, special emitters, sub forum, what will be next?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering when this was going to happen. Now Hogo does have the absolute power. He can now delete less than flattering posts at will like other manufacturers. Resist the Dark side Hogo ! Congradulations too. May the Force be with HDS.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Kydex HDS holster thread currently going on in LED lights could be moved. I can't do it with my fledgling superpowers.

Speaking of holsters scout24... shipping today.

img-1178.jpg

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it that a separate HDS sub forum exist now.

Maybe it is now possible to separate different topics in different threads. The HDS #20 Thread is not easy to read at all, since there are tons of different topics discussed over a lot of pages....

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it that a separate HDS sub forum exist now.

Maybe it is now possible to separate different topics in different threads. The HDS #20 Thread is not easy to read at all, since there are tons of different topics discussed over a lot of pages....

That's a good idea. Anyone can create a new thread in the sub-forum, so if there is a particular thing one would like to discuss, it's just a matter of starting the thread. Even if the same topic is somewhere in the main HDS thread and I don't see a problem with it as it would make the info much easier to find.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
...HDS holster thread...

If I were interested in purchasing a large Eagle head for your leather press, where would I shop for it?

Separately, I will have six HDS holsters soon and plan to start a HDS holster picture thread in the new HDS sub-forum.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Molten should start his holster thread so hogo can post all his pics in there. along with everyone elses.

skulls/bones with fading natural decaying bone colors would be killer. I don't know anything about leather work or how it gets colored like that...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this like a silvery white in the middle Dan? And could you do it all over the holster fading in and out to black? As this would look a better colour for my skull holster [emoji3]

That inside is done with vinegaroon and water. Sometimes it gets very dark, sometimes light. It depends on the chemical composition of the cow. Very hard to replicate it. As you can see from the two fenrir holsters, this one turned out much lighter in the center.