Looking for a twin 26650 thrower

Scourie

Enlightened
I've identified a gap in my lineup that I need to plug. It can be a stock or custom build but needs to be robust and reliable. Budget is not a huge issue for the right candidate. My requirements;

Takes 2no 26650 in series.
Minimum of high and low modes.
Maximum 80mm head diameter.
Maximum of 1500 lumens and minimum of 60 lumens.
Minimum of 120k cd intensity.

I've seen the Convoy L2 and that looks possible.

So folks, any other suggestions?

Last edited:

JimmyLSX

Newly Enlightened
I've identified a gap in my lineup that I need to plug. It can be a stock or custom build but needs to be robust and reliable. Budget is not a huge issue for the right candidate. My requirements;

Takes 2no 26650 in series.
Minimum of high and low modes.
Maximum 80mm head diameter.
Maximum of 1500 lumens and minimum of 60 lumens.
Minimum of 120k cd intensity.

I've seen the Convoy L2 and that looks possible.

So folks, any other suggestions?

Acebeam T30 70mm head, 291k cd intensity, max 2200 lumens firefly 3, low 250 lumens

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
But how many minutes do you need it to REMAIN at 1500 Lm ??? If you want a realistic runtime you will end up with a light that is advertised at much more max.

matt4350

Enlightened
If you can handle a comparatively small bump down in lumens and a drop of only 10,000 cd, you could have a look at Eagletac's latest version of the SX25L2T. I've had the older version of this for quite a few years and it's still going strong. I'm just looking for an excuse to get the XP-L HI V3 version but the old one is a long way off quitting, I reckon.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't think it was meant to be a thrower, but the L6 convoy by sheer brute force lights up the docks where I used to work with no problem (100 yards at least). I used to bring it with me when I I shined my sk68 on what I thought was a stray pup galloping towards me which turned out to be a mangy fox. Plus the burglars and trailer thieves started picking up the pace of their attempts so I needed something with a little more clubbing action than a yawara/kubotan sized Flashlight. Ahhh, good times

Scourie

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions Folks. I was not after huge lumens but a bright hot spot so I went for the Convoy. Mountain Electronics had one in a U6 3A tint so they got my custom and it arrived today. First impressions are very good. Great build quality and excellent tint with a super bright hot spot and a decent heft. What's not to like? :twothumbs