Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not see a separate thread for this light. This light evolved from vaporware to reality within a few days. The PO is only for 20 lights. The PO has already been submitted. Maybe this thread can make a difference in the final production count. Even if not, it is still a good start to discuss.

Estimated price is $590 before shipping

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume Hogo and Henry know why this are only 20. After the TI run I'd expected ~40 units to be sure the first 15-30 minutes enough lights are available.

Maybe I have luck and can get one...!? But as Always, it seems, when the cools HDS stuff is coming i am on vacation...!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be nice to know exactly how many people are interested in the alum bronze.

I thought this was going to be some kind of poll thread

Since cerealand started the thread, i vote he makes a list so we can tally up the interest.

For those of us that do not make it in on the 20, maybe at some point there will be another run that could be worked in along with something else

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
and first vote is in. hopefully everyone will put in their votes. I think this will help us as a whole and it will also let Hogo know how many are really interested.
It may not change anything now since the order has already been placed, but if there is enough interest; we can hope for more to be added in one of the next runs

toads

Newly Enlightened
It looks pretty good actually. Still going to be heavy. Still going to be smelly.

Last edited:

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
This light sounds like a winner to me. Fingers crossed I can snag one!

I definitely understand the risks and challenges for HDS when deciding the size of a special run.
Hogo had to work his magic to make this happen at all.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to vote no because I needed to see the poll and didn't want my vote skewing things and since a No vote doesn't really mean anything in the scheme of things.

I'm sitting next to Henry right now and asked if we could change the numbers. Nope. Can't/won't do it, but would consider another bronze run in the future, so interest in you poll is definitely useful, just not on the current run. I'll keep trying but it's a bit like a fly bashing itself into the side of an ocean freighter trying to change it's course.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
do we know what the weight will actually be? I have things made of brass, copper, etc supposedly these can smell too but it hasn't bothered me. I think a lot of the smell comes from the reaction to ea individual as well. the chemical makeup of the individual can have bad effects with certain metals. So far i have not experienced any of this.

the weight of an aluminum clicky/rotary 123 size is around 100grams/3.5oz or so. currently cell phones weigh around 180grams depending on which phone you have. I don't think weight will be an issue, especially if it is used with a clip or holster

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to vote no because I needed to see the poll and didn't want my vote skewing things and since a No vote doesn't really mean anything in the scheme of things.

I'm sitting next to Henry right now and asked if we could change the numbers. Nope. Can't/won't do it, but would consider another bronze run in the future, so interest in you poll is definitely useful, just not on the current run. I'll keep trying but it's a bit like a fly bashing itself into the side of an ocean freighter trying to change it's course.
This is what I suspected and mentioned. I do not think you should keep trying, you have put yourself out on the limb more than enough for us lately.
Just the thought of a future run or some worked in on one of the other future runs is good for me.

However i am still hoping to get in on one this round

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted yes because I'm definitely interested, and plan to try to buy one. However brass is awesome too and if I'm too slow on the albr drop then at least I know there's another option out there.

Eh to be honest you know I really want one of both... :laughing:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Since Hogo coined it the ArchiDento due to our persistence in trying to see this one made, both Archimedes and I have little choice but to jump in on this one. Great year for HDS! :twothumbs

archimedes

Flashaholic
Honestly, I'm still undecided, because ... Rotary.

May turn out lucky for someone else here that these aren't Clicky ...[emoji14]

They sure seem to be popular, though. Congrats, Mr. Dento :D

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, I'm still undecided, because ... Rotary.

May turn out lucky for someone else here that these aren't Clicky ...[emoji14]

They sure seem to be popular, though. Congrats, Mr. Dento :D

The poor, neglected red-headed step-child... the Clicky. This is the problem with a special run of these... tooling set-up charge and demand. The tails and battery compartments are different... it's not just the end cap. Not discounting that a run of special material Clicky's can't happen, however they would end up costing more than a special run of Rotary lights which at first seems counter intuitive. Here is why: Clicky's account for about 10% of sales, so they move 10 times slower than a Rotary. With a special material run, there would be less made because less would move. With the brass and bronze of this last Rotary special run, well, they got tagged onto the end of a Titanium run to keep the cost down. Doing the same run with Clicky lights, would be higher, as I doubt as many special material Clicky's could be sold as Rotaries.