Headlamp: chores/mechanic work/reading

SRSeedBurners

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

Wondering if I can get a recommendation on a headlamp. I have gone through a rash of crappy headlamps, my latest being some junk I bought on Amazon and the lens is now hanging off the front.

My requirements:
- usb rechargeable
- batteries replaceable
- long lasting if they make such a thing anymore
- variable light brightness
- leaning towards 1K lumens or better
- Red light as I snoop around at night and don't want to wake anyone in the house.
- Good head strap, I always seem to stretch the cheap ones and they become useless.
- spot and flood, even if I have to use a 3rd party filter or something to accomplish the flood

I use my lights a lot. I do some farm work at night and really like to light up what I'm doing. I also work on my cars sometimes in the middle of the day and that requires BRIGHT when it's super sunny outside. I'm guessing 1K lumens will handle that. I'm leaning towards the Nitecore HC60 or something similar. I have no experience with headlamps other than the garbage you find on Amazon or in the stores and am tired of buying junk. Leaning towards the

I looked at ZebraLight - so many choices I can't make heads or tails of their offerings

Armytek Elf C2 - interesting light, saw it recommended on Reddit but I don't think it has red light

Thrunite TH20 - I see it recommended constantly, not sure it's bright enough?

Any recommendations? TIA!

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek Wizard. I've got two and love them.

No red lighting, but the Firefly mode will work just fine for navigating without waking.

SRSeedBurners

Newly Enlightened
Interesting light. I really wish it had the red night light, I use that a LOT. Anything else wakes the wife up and then I have to deal with it.