HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

moltenmag

Enlightened
Since Hogo's holsters are strewn across multiple HDS threads, I thought that this thread could help streamline his content as well as provide a data base for other holsters that are currently on the market. :)

List of available holsters:

Thors Hammer Custom Leather (Hogo here on CPF): http://www.thorshammercustomleather.com/flashlight-multitool-phone
HDS Systems Leather (with clip): https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/HolsterLeather123Clip/
HDS Systems Leather (duty belt): https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/HolsterLeather123Duty/
Force Tech (canted): http://forcetech.biz/product/hds-systems-canted/
Buy Brown Ind: https://buybrownind.com/holsters
Bam Bam Holsters: https://bambamholsters.com/

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay!...now we need to get Hogo to move his pics and keep him from posting all over the place:laughing:

I have 4 coming this week but the pics have already been seen in your HDS pic thread. I am also working on an idea for a custom holster and have made initial contact with Hogo about it:)

Thanks for getting this thread started Molten:thumbsup:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since Hogo's holsters are strewn across multiple HDS threads, I thought that this thread could help streamline his content as well as provide a data base for other holsters that are currently on the market. :)

You may want to put a list in the first post that can be updated with the companies that make holsters for HDS lights.
A few off the top of my head are Buy Brown (he used to make our Kydex HDS holsters, Force Tech also makes Kydex holster specifically for the HDS. There is another old fart doing leather, but I forgot his name. AOTH (Art of the Hide) disappeared several years ago, but he did some phenomenal work especially wet molding leather.

moltenmag

Enlightened
You may want to put a list in the first post that can be updated with the companies that make holsters for HDS lights.
A few off the top of my head are Buy Brown (he used to make our Kydex HDS holsters, Force Tech also makes Kydex holster specifically for the HDS. There is another old fart doing leather, but I forgot his name. AOTH (Art of the Hide) disappeared several years ago, but he did some phenomenal work especially wet molding leather.

Updated it ^. Couldn't find a link to Art of the Hide website. Found Bam Bam custom leather. Let me know if any others come up!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updated it ^. Couldn't find a link to Art of the Hide website. Found Bam Bam custom leather. Let me know if any others come up!

I don't know what happened to AOTH. One day he just disappeared. I always loved his work. He was the king of wet molding. I don't wet mold at all.

Here is the latest one I finished at 0200 in the morning...

Celtic ravens on emerald green with dragon scales and copper engraved spots. Lined with piggy suede.
img-1175856.jpg

img-1176.jpg

Both eyes have green tritium vials installed behind them.

img-1174.jpg

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, I just checked the Forcetech site and HDS holsters are "out of stock and unavailable". I was hoping to order a canted holster.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know not everyone uses a holster, including myself (even though i have already purchased 4 and working on a custom stamp)....but can you imagine Hogo doing this type of art on a smaller scale...as in the front of a solid faced clip. maybe that would be too small of an area to show enough detail, but a nicely stamped and possibly painted/coated clip would be pretty sweet

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 coming this week but the pics have already been seen in your HDS pic thread. I am also working on an idea for a custom holster and have made initial contact with Hogo about it:)

The latest Celtic series of holsters from Thors Hammer have been my favorite. Which ones are yours, INFRNL? It would appear that several of us have found a new hobby in custom leather. I'm expecting one soon but I'm already dreaming up another.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
its hard not to dream something up after seeing what Hogo has been up to.

I don't know if I have a favorite. The celtic wolf is very cool, the skull/bones with biohazard is another great one, and probably if i had to pick...would be the Skull w/ red trit eyes, etc... as my current favorite. I also have a thing for alligators/crocodiles that goes back to my childhood, so I really like that one too; even though it is more basic in overall design, the hide is more exotic. That one would have been cool with either yellow/orange trits or even small pieces of tigers eye rock...to make the appearance of crocodile eyes

I'm really looking forward to what else Hogo has been dreaming up.

My next one will be based off of my avatar as that has become my symbol and has been used on a couple forums I used to frequent. I also have a custom piece that was made a while back using the same image. It will be nice to have something truly one of a kind with no variations, unless it's mine;)

I'm also starting to wonder if it would be worthwhile to invest in one with the canter for easier access/deployment. However i'm never in a hurry to worry about the extra few seconds to get a light out.

Not sure if you've been talking to Hogo but he showed me a couple of really cool celtic images

also I just realized the celtic raven holster has a couple of trinity stamps in it, didn't notice that earlier today...pretty cool

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
All this holster talk has my interest piqued so I had to send Hogo/Thor/Dan an email with an idea. Let's see how it shakes out!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know, this place is getting to be addictive...we are going to have to go to HDS Anonymous
I know I am getting there. I guess since i can admit my issue...I'm still ok? it's when I deny the issue is when there is an issue, right?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if you've been talking to Hogo but he showed me a couple of really cool celtic images

also I just realized the celtic raven holster has a couple of trinity stamps in it, didn't notice that earlier today...pretty cool

These are a few of the images I am thinking about having made into stamps. Thoughts?
d1b77f9a62da19b374302bbdb71a939f-copy.jpg

celtic-dragon-2-by-roblfc1892-copy.jpg

images-1-copy.jpg

skull-pile-drawing-51-copy.jpg