Astrolux S42 Replacement Tube

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I bought an Astrolux S42 when they first came out and, like everybody else, couldn't use the torch with the short tube.

I tried to sort this problem out with Banggood cs last year but gave up in the end (long story and I don't want to distract from the main job of getting the part I need)....

I just found the torch and thought Id make one last try via CPF. Can anyone point me to an alternative source for a replacement please? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

pc_light

Enlightened
Banggood was pretty good about sending replacement body/tubes (and USB cover) to buyers of the first batch of lights ordered during the pre-order period. They supposedly upgraded the tube and USB cover for the subsequent release.

As I understand the issue with the original short tube was that it was slightly too short for longer 16340/18340's. You may want to try some shorter 16340/18340's if you aren't able to locate a replacement.

FWIW I can verify that the longer S41/S42 18650 battery tube work as a direct replacement for the S42.

Last edited: