• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Haikelite HT08vn - Best Compact Zoomie R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
$ 88.00

• DriverVNX2
  • Oslon 6500K 550 Lumen, 125Kcd Intensity
  • Surprisingly high flood output
  • Perfect artifacts free beam at any zoon ramge
  • Stiff but quality zoomie holds focus
  • Excellent build quality and optics
  • Ultra compact size
  • LED super close to optics for max wide mule like flood
  • Widest spill beam of any light
  • Love this thing!
  • Finally a zommie perfected!

XPL 5000K Dedome
is also an option for larger hot spot, more lumen and warmer tint but less throw

+$5 for V54 Engraving

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Only con is two hands operation only. Not a push and pull so cant 1 hand operation. Cant find anymore cons....

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does it compare to the countryman b1vn? Seems as though the countryman is only a little bit longer and has almost twice the intensity zoomed.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How does it compare to the countryman b1vn? Seems as though the countryman is only a little bit longer and has almost twice the intensity zoomed.

HT08vn is shorter in flood mode but longer in throw mode.
The B1vn never got the R because in flood mode the spill beam width is super narrow and has artifacts. There are also artifacts in the throw mode. For me a zoomie must do flood PERFECT. This mean ultra wide spill by having the LED as close as possible to the optics. Flood beam must not have any artifacts either. For the throw beam artifacts around the hot spot is typical but HT08vn and XSvn doesn't have any and thus give these lights perfect throw beam. B1vn is also only good at max flood or max throw while HT08vn is good everywhere in the zoom range.

B1vn only advantage is 230Kcd VS HT08vn 125Kcd. For me, I would give up the extra intensity to have a much more pleasing light to use that is also more pocketable with a smaller head and shorter length (at least in flood mode).