HDS Accessories; Lanyards, clips, carry holsters, etc.

indigon

Enlightened
I'd like to see how you guys end up packing your HDS around..
I've seen some very cool arrangements.
Please post your lanyards, clips, things that work for you in everyday use.

For example here's an older Olive Drab 325 XP-L V3 tactical rotary I mucked up, this setup actually works pretty well in the field..
Streamlight 1L/2L clip, 5/8" common o-rings to hold it in place, triple constrictor knot lanyard. A few odds and ends attached.
There's also a 1/8 minus-green Lee filter under the lens and a small o-ring around the raised button to stiffen it.
I'm very surprised how well this light has held up over the years, has been through hell and back..

VbV05UR.jpg

jfAFV8c.jpg

Black Plastic Zipper Pulls Cord Lock Ends Paracord:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121610812866?hash=item1c5091bdc2

s-l1600.jpg

Rotary 1L/2L clip with Novatac protective caps; the tail cap doesn't stay on well but the front cap keeps any floor damage reduced to a minimum when you drop it.
nv8pSR8.jpg

I finally put the tailcap under the head cap and it works the best. Kind of gives it a bulbous bow look. Super comfortable to hold in hand. Cap stays put. The cap reduces the Outer Spill by about a third. I get about a 6-ft diameter spot beam on a wall from ten feet away. Perfect for a cockpit/ wheelhouse/ inspection or duty light.
Even Hogo would struggle to damage this puppy with his arsenal.. ;)
ICALktH.jpg

EG2tHR0.jpg

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use small, one braid, paracord with both my Rotary and Clicky. Attached to that is a very small $8 tritium vial (mixglo OB1 Marker in Green) that allows me to find the light in pitch black darkness each morning and night. To close the paracord loop I use a plastic zipper pull.

attachment.php

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my very simple/boring accessory, a chocolate brown kydex holster by Forcetech. I'm not crazy about the color, but it was purchased second hand for a good price from eBay (maybe from a CPF'r?). I don't tuck in my shirt so the color hasn't bothered me. The quality is excellent and it's very minimal and light weight.
997533d9331ce617dc02d930837946ec.jpg

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black paracord, double constrictor, over the belt and in the pocket (or through the belt loop, if I don't have a belt):

9581ddbe-b56f-447a-8a19-a0d4376794a0_zps3425c61b.jpg~original

e7eac2e1-71e2-4dde-99c8-b7dee62200dd_zps20639e35.jpg~original

Or in a wet molded Thor's Hammer holster ;). I still have the lanyard on, and tuck it in my waistband.

I can shoot from the hip, dangle it hands free in "floor bounce" mode, or unloop it for serious action. I always like the security of the lanyard out in the wild:

IMG_0748_zps1e359de8.jpg~original

IMG_0749_zps7d576b4f.jpg~original

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must have missed hogos comment that he will not wet mold unless forced to....something along those lines

I think he has done a few items in the past, but not something he is really willing to do.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must have missed hogos comment that he will not wet mold unless forced to....something along those lines

I think he has done a few items in the past, but not something he is really willing to do.

It was a jab, as another member requested one years ago, and several of us really liked it and also ordered wet molded holsters - I have a pic of mine in the holsters#1 thread, that's what he responded to. He said it just requires a "rum charge". Worth it, IMO.

Looks like on this computer, not all may be able to see the pics in the above post. Not sure why, the holster pic comes from the same (dark) place and shows up fine now.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a jab, as another member requested one years ago, and several of us really liked it and also ordered wet molded holsters - I have a pic of mine in the holsters#1 thread, that's what he responded to. He said it just requires a "rum charge". Worth it, IMO.

Looks like on this computer, not all may be able to see the pics in the above post. Not sure why, the holster pic comes from the same (dark) place and shows up fine now.

Either my computer won't let me see the images, or my mind has blocked it out. LOL!
If someone requests it, I would, but I think it would depend on my mood that day how much extra I would charge! LOL!