The Best Light I Have Ever Owned and Other Flashlight Babble

sunny747

Newly Enlightened
First a question.. Any recs for a good budget LED that will perform well? I am underwhelmed by most lights I have purchased in my life. I tend to lose lights and always need a spare or 2 around for work so I'm leaning towards budget lights now with the acceptance that they may not blow my mind.

Hands down... The best light I have ever owned was THRUNITE T30S. I loved this light. It had great throw, never got hot, and ran for a very long time. Ever since I lost this light I've been looking for a suitable replacement. Not much luck so far. T30S I know you are out there somewhere.. :)

I bought a THRUNITE TC10 since the T30S is no longer available. That light was a bit of a let down. Not near the juice I was used to even though it has higher specs. Unfortunately or fortunately however you want to look at it someone stole it from my truck at Seven Eleven. :) USB Rechargeable was the big bonus.

I have a Thorfire 1050 lumen. This is in the budget category at around $25. Run time is poor. I don't feel it's 1050 lumens either. However, this light has grown on me. I like the small size.

Harbor Freight Light.. I bought a backup from Harbor Freight. The junky one that's always in the coupons for $12.95. This is has been demoted all the way to the bottom of my list. EMERGENCIES ONLY :) Junk.

Now I'm on to USB Rechargeables that are in the budget category.. On it's way to my home right now is the Victagen Tactical 1230 Lumen Ultra Bright IP67 from Amazon. I'm hoping it's a true 1000 lumens. I'm not really a fan of zoomable lights, but for $20 I'll give it a try..

archimedes

Flashaholic
You may get better suggestions if you actually specify your budget ... and focus the thread title a bit ;)

Oh, and thread moved to "Budget Lights"

sunny747

Newly Enlightened
Ahh.. there's a budget light thread. Awesome. Thanks for the info.

As I said I have a Victagen on the way. I'll post my thoughts on it when it arrives

If anyone can recommend an Amazon USB Rechargeable light in the 1000 lumen zone for under $30 that would be great.

carbon_arc

Newly Enlightened
Look at Convoy lights on Amazon,Ebay has a better selection.
WOW!! £20 from China?? Not what I would consider cheap myself?! And only 5 torches with two of those bare bodies. May I take it you are talking eBay .com?? 😇

roach1492

Newly Enlightened
carbon arc. Yes ebay or just do a goggle search for Convoy lights 20 dollars for the quality of light you get it's hard to beat.Look up (Convoy S2+ c8 c8+ M1)they have more models than that,those are just the ones i have.Just got the M1 this month and the C8+ a couple days ago,i'm very impressed with both of them.Just wish somebody could talk Convoy into making a AA light.