HDS Systems Poll: Team Satin or Team Black?

Team Satin or Team Black?

• Team Satin

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Team Black

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

moltenmag

Enlightened
Team Satin or Team Black? Which HDS Crenelated Bezel is "crowned king" in your EDC? Vote in the poll above (web view in CPF App) and tell me why below! (pic by me)

28uw2.jpg

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Stainless. The contrast makes it easier to find in the dark, and makes it easy to tell the front from the back of the light. It's also attractive, and looks different than my other lights which are mostly all black.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I love having no coating to wear off or scratch. I think a satin stainless bezel would add great contrast to the bronze/brass.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Dan / Hogo beat me to it... was gonna post an AC/DC clip, LOL. :laughing:

Black all the way. Slimming, too. I think the HDS loses a couple of ounces of weight when dropped in the pocket.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for plain stainless or "silver." If, however, I were to make an argument for a blackened bezel it would be the following. AC/DC is weak.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, back before Metallica went downhill. Used to love Metallica, black album was the last album bought...after that i did not like them anymore. Then when they started collaborating with the symphony they pretty much drove off the cliff for me.

Back on track, i chose black because I like low key and don't really like bling. But i do like the option of both choices to help keep track of what light is what.

My personal favorite is probably emarkd's red with black bezel

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work around some people who are deathly afraid of anything remotely "tactical." A small knife with a wood handle is okay, but if you add G10 scales, you'll be publicly stoned to death. A gentleman's light has a silver bezel, while a black bezel is for urban warfare. Don't ask me. I'm just trying to see when I need to. Occasionally I open a box.

Hardwired (Metallica).

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work around some people who are deathly afraid of anything remotely "tactical." A small knife with a wood handle is okay, but if you add G10 scales, you'll be publicly stoned to death. A gentleman's light has a silver bezel, while a black bezel is for urban warfare. Don't ask me. I'm just trying to see when I need to. Occasionally I open a box.

Hardwired (Metallica).

Hmmmmmm. I've just been riding around 8 miles from the border with a pistol on my side and an M1 carbine checking cattle tanks. Different world.