AAA headlamp?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the Manker E02H, are there any more single AAA headlamps.

Please don't tell me AA has more capacity than AAA and Zebralight are very small. Because I already have H51wf and H51w. Also a few AA 5mm headlamps.

I am looking for AAA for size and weight for my wife.

PartyPete

Enlightened
Let me see if I can find an old model. If not, maybe I could remove the diffuser..
I have the HL10 2016 and I've never noticed a glare with the diffuser, however I am generally using it outdoors and not up close indoors.

The diffuser is very subtle, but it's a decent AAA headlamp and very lightweight.

alex74

Newly Enlightened
the market does not offer many options for this type of torches but over manker, fenix and lumintop another option could be "maratac"

ironhorse

Enlightened
never had a Manker before but did see their programming/operation chart, looks complicated. Is that the case?

Not at all. Press once on low. Each additional press goes up one level until you reach max, then down one level. Press and hold to shut off, or loosen the tail cap to turn off

The lock / unlock is tricky. I just unscrew the tail cap a quarter turn to lock out.

Keitho

Enlightened
I like the beam of the Nichia version of the Manker E02. I'm not in love with the UI, but it is easy to hand to anyone and say "click to turn on, click to change levels, press/hold to turn off." (Since I use ZL so often, it usually takes me an extra 3 seconds to remember how to turn it off.) It isn't a "show off" light (except for the red ano color, which looks pretty cool to me), but the magnet in the tail and the beam make it very useful for me in the garage.

PiperBob

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info Pete.

Is removing the diffuser an option?

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove it. It's a cylinder that fits around the barrel of the light. You could cut it off with a knife easy enough. It looks like it is the only lens in front of the LED though.

I'm not sure what glare people are referring to. I haven't noticed any.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the Manker E02H, are there any more single AAA headlamps.

Please don't tell me AA has more capacity than AAA and Zebralight are very small. Because I already have H51wf and H51w. Also a few AA 5mm headlamps.

I am looking for AAA for size and weight for my wife.

The FourSevens headband could take a number of the Atom's in various battery sizes(AAA, AA, CR123, CR2). The Atom AO, also called the Preon PO are both AAA, come with in white or red LEDs and are barely bigger than the cells they hold. I have both Stainless Steel and Titanium versions. They are they lightest weight standard battery headlamps I have ever used. I say "standard battery" because there are a number of "micro" headlamps that have integral Lithium Ion rechargeable cells
That charge via a standard USB Cable(like the Nitecore NU20 or NU25(360 Lumens/has hi CRI LED and red & white LEDs), weighs only 28 grams...
Hope this helps.
PS I own Zebralights, and three Manker E02's(I don't have the Titanium E02 yet)...

Oops, after I posted I saw the note about twisty interfaces so that rules out the Four Sevens, but the Nitecore May still be a very viable option...

Last edited:

billbillw

Newly Enlightened
Funny enough, I have been using a single AAA headlamp for over 10 years now. It is a Coast LED Lenser Micro headlamp (discontinued now). Not waterproof and only ~13 lumens. On/off only, no other modes, but it would usually get though a weekend of camping on a single AAA. I still like it and recently had to do a repair to keep it going.

That said, I am looking for something more powerful now because the 13 lumens just doesn't throw very far. I have always had to have more powerful lights to supplement.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
....one could always use a headband and strap a normal AAA flashlight to it in a pinch.