• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MBI HF-R 3 Mode Titanium w/extras

mbp1

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I have for sale an MBI HF-R in Titanium for sale. I am the second owner of this light and it has been carried and used, but shows little cosmetic wear behind some superficial scratches. It has tritium tubes in the tail but only 3 are still active. It is the 3 mode version, I believe from 2014 or 2015. It comes with everything as received from MBI: box, manual, 10440 tube, keychain attachments, etc. Also included are some extras: momentary switch, magnetic charger, 4 total nuke batteries and 2 10440's. Everything works as it should. I would like $110 shipped to your door via PayPal Goods and Services. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. Please post "I'll take it" below to claim the light.

IMG_20180721_215612665.jpgIMG_20180721_215659006.jpgIMG_20180721_215625999.jpgIMG_20180721_215710727.jpgIMG_20180721_215718245.jpg

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that is a CottonPicker USB charger. I really liked mine, until I blew it up....
Another maker that I don't think is doing much with flashlights anymore

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
Great condition. Super cool light. I can't wait to play around with it tonight.

DrafterDan, you said you blew it up; the light or the charger?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not trying to take this thread off-topic, but I recently put new tritium in the tail of my HF-R. It took some time to find the right sizes, I think I wound up getting the larger ones from b@rt and the shorter ones from mixglo, but it all worked out eventually. So you could easily make that tail look like new, if you wanted to.

2ymo7iF.jpg

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
Perfect. What size did you order from mixglo? What is the best way to uninstall and put the new ones in?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect. What size did you order from mixglo? What is the best way to uninstall and put the new ones in?

So the 3 longer tubes, the "uprights" are 1.5x5mm and the shorter "horizontal" tubes are 1.5x3.5mm. 1.5x5mm comes from B@RT, the closest thing Mixglo has is 1.2x5, which are quite a bit dimmer because they're thinner. Or 1.5x4mm, which are 20% too short and might look funny. Mixglo has the best choice for the shorty ones though. They're actually 1.4x3.5mm, but that's the closest I was able to find in current production.

So if you want all new tubes, you need 3x 1.5x5 from B@RT and 3x 1.4x3.5 from mixglo.

As far as removal goes, that's really very easy if you're not trying to salvage the tubes. Just apply a bit of heat from a hair dryer or hot air gun and the norland will get pretty soft and gummy. Then pry the whole chunk out with a toothpick or something similar. Usually the tube and glue comes out in one piece, but the ends of the tubes are pretty fragile so cracking one is very easy to do. But that doesn't matter if you're just tossing them out anyway.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
DrafterDan will probably get back to you but I'm guessing the Cottonpicker's charger got its magnet conductors touching for too long, and fried the internals (guessing).

Thinking if you do remove the tritium vials and any break, do not inhale the contents. One would do well to read up on that stuff. Congratulations on a fine flashlight from a fine person.

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where I could buy some 10250 batteries. I don't need any now but I might in the future.