Olight H2R nova problem?

nobbyxci

Newly Enlightened
I bought a NW Olight H2R Nova last week and I've noticed when I select turbo mode the light will flicker on/off twice before steadying. Very occasionally it will flicker then turn off completely. It doesn't seem to do it in medium or high but sometimes if I switch from a stable turbo beam back to low it will do the same flicker. This happens even after a full charge.

Does it sound like I need to send it back for replacement?

rambo_180

Newly Enlightened
I bought a NW Olight H2R Nova last week and I've noticed when I select turbo mode the light will flicker on/off twice before steadying. Very occasionally it will flicker then turn off completely. It doesn't seem to do it in medium or high but sometimes if I switch from a stable turbo beam back to low it will do the same flicker. This happens even after a full charge.

Does it sound like I need to send it back for replacement?

I have one, it does not have this problem. Sounds like it is faulty.

On a side note, can you have it on the head strap with the clip attached or do you need to take the clip off? is it as simple as just pull the clip till it comes off? thank you.

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure where you are in the world, but recently i had an issue with my h2r(crazy drop finished it). So contacted Olight UK(actually in Ireland) admittedly i had not much confidence.......Gladly i was proved wrong , very wrong. Within 24hrs i had a reply, sent off 1st class and signed for. By midday next day(so within 24hrs) i had an email stating they have the light, not able to repair, new one has been sent out(provided address in original email). Not next day, but day after, i had a brand new h2r NW headlamp. So my confidence is high, its not often i have to deal with actual manufacturers. Right now i am in the process with zebralight, its on its way to USA. So will see how things go with this, it certainly wont be a 3 day issue like Olight.

I could not live without a h2r now..............But i am going to limit the use of the magnet tail cap , unless its well out of accidental catching reach!!!! Already survived a good 10ft drop previous to this 20ft one!.

:welcome: