How to turn a AAA flashlight into a headlamp

Cemoi

Enlightened
Hi,
I know there are headbands that allow some AA flashlights to be worn as a headlamp, but what about 1xAAA?
I have a couple of DQG tiny AAA lights, more compact than the Fenix HL10 and Manker E02 headlamps, which I would like to use as headlamps.
Thanks.

alex74

Newly Enlightened
for example do you like this?

... hotlinked image removed ...

this headband is for aaa,aa and for cr123

Last edited by a moderator:

Cemoi

Enlightened
Thanks, but since this headband can accomodate CR123 lights - which are generally around 1" in diameter - I'm afraid my tiny DQG (less than 1/2") may be a bit loose in it.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A person could use the Nite-Ize headstrap, putting the AAA flashlight in the smaller elastic loop, then attaching a lanyard or large split ring to help retain the flashlight in the elastic. I use this system every night. A Nitecore TIP will work, as well as a flashlight as large as a single 18650.

Pak-Lite also sells a head strap that may work but the small DQG would need to be secured by some method.

Last edited:

Cemoi

Enlightened
Thanks to all for your replies, and special thanks and kudos to Archibald Tuttle for his excellent DIY solution. I'll try it and let you know.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I frequently use one clipped to the brim of a cap. It works perfectly--as well as any dedicated headlamp I've used with the exception of short/close up ranges where more vertical adjust-ability of a headlamp is required.