• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold-- McGizmo Haiku, Nichia 119, AA pack

jemab

Enlightened
All- I am offering for sale today an as new McGizmo haiku.... just got this one from Don about a month ago. AA Haiku head, Nichia 119 emitter, and AA pack.

$395 sold shipped to you in the US.

Attachments

• DCD17973-7239-487C-A0DA-ABD9E8ED5A39.jpg
    DCD17973-7239-487C-A0DA-ABD9E8ED5A39.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS- McGizmo Haiku, Nichia 119, AA pack

what type of AA can run on this? ;)

jemab

Enlightened

what type of AA can run on this? ;)

From Don's informational thread introducing this light engine:

Join DateMay 2002LocationMauiPosts17,215

[h=2]
icon1.png
AA Flashlight (new single cell converter) addition to the series[/h]
Hi guys,
I have dragged my feet too long now on introducing this latest converter. I am choosing to call it the AA converter for hopefully obvious and helpful reasons. The converter is designed to function with an input voltage of ~ .8V up to the Vf of the LED or 4.5 V max. Basically this means it will work on one of my lights using either the single AA pak, 2xAA pak or the 1x123 pak provided the right battery is used. The primary goal was for it to function on any flavor of single AA battery one might have on hand; alkaline, nickel-MH, lithium or what have you. A CR123 primary is fine. A Li-Ion will work but any voltage over the Vf of the LED will be clipped and wasted as heat.

The converter is a three level converter with the same method of level change used in the 3S converter as well as the 6V buck 3 speed converter I have been building with. The output (constant current) from this converter is 15, 45 and 300 mA (low - high). On a test mule with XM-L LED using this converter and a AA Alkaline battery I measured lumens of 2,10 and 85 (low - high).

This converter is a double sided PCB in the same physical package as the other converters and it goes in the same light engine package I have been using.

Consequently the possible variations of battery pak and head that this new converter can be a part of is just more confusion for all of us!​

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast

thank you sir, good luck... mcg are sought after!