Surefire 6PX-C Tactical upgrade possible?

Tierlieb

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I recently lost my Surefire G2X and went back to an old Surefire 6PX-C Tactical.
I love those lights, single output, one button, so simple even I can figure them out.

But Surefire is always kinda low on lumen, as are old flashlights. And this one is both.

So is there a way to replace either the bezel or the whole assembly with something a bit more modern? Runtime is not much of an issue.

My research until now:
  • I already read that the heads are sealed with red locktite, that does not bother me much.
  • I also read that there are no official replacement parts and that Surefire is fading out those series
  • I did not find a thread that shows someone proudly showing off their replacements.
Also, the G2X or 6PX bodies do not feature in the "surefire Lego"-thread so I guess I am out of luck, right?
Or is everything that is possible with a 6P also possible with a 6PX? Because I think I read that the are different. But if they are the same, I now where to look and there are several options.

Thanks in advance,
T

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
Hope you can see the pic.

194236zbb1zdelsiknuicd.jpg

Or you can find it in this post.
http://www.shoudian.org/thread-454030-1-1.html

6PX can be modified but not as easy as 6P. You need to tear it apart and do it yourself.