EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR FROM FENIX!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We are pretty pumped about this! AND IT HAS A UV SETTING!

• Cree XQ-E HI LED for warm white light
  • 365nm/200mW UV light
  • Powered by one AAA Battery
  • 3 Warm White Light Outputs
  • High 70 Lumens - Alkaline/40 Minutes; Ni-MH/45 Minutes - 48 Meters/157 Feet
  • Mid 25 Lumens - Alkaline/2 hr. 40min; Ni-HM/2hr. 55min - 27 Meters/88 Feet
  • Low 1 Lumen - Alkaline/75Hr.; Ni-MH/45hr. - 6 Meters/19 Feet
  • UV Light Ouput
  • 200mW - Alkaline/4hrs.; Ni-MH/3 hrs.
  • Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
  • Reverse polarity protection, protects from improper battery insertion
  • Stainless steel tail switch and light head
  • Impact resistant up to 1 meter or 3.2 feet
  • Made from durable high-strength Oxidation-resistant aluminum and stainless steel
  • IP68-rated protection
  • Totally protected against dust and foreign objects
  • Submersible to 2 meters

LD02_V2.0-E-01__83481.1532616263.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-03__71764.1532616271.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-14__31673.1532616276.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-06__32705.1532616276.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-07__12274.1532616276.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-08__71166.1532616277.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-10__28025.1532616280.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-09__67884.1532616278.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-05__19740.1532616279.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-04__02007.1532616279.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2__14263.1532616769.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2__67596.1532616699.1280.1280.jpg

LD02_V2.0-E-13__16857.1532616281.1280.1280.jpg

THIS IS GOING TO BE IN HIGH DEMAND SO ORDER EARLY TO GET IN ON OUR FIRST SHIPMENT ARRIVAL.
ORDER HERE

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big step in the right direction. Good to see a proper low, warm tint, and hi cri. Thumbs up.

elzilcho

Enlightened
Please tell me you'll still be making the original LD02 with the single cool white LED. (Because it appears to be unavailable now on your site.)

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The LD02 regular model is discontinued. Is there a message you would like to send to the engineers?

Please tell me you'll still be making the original LD02 with the single cool white LED. (Because it appears to be unavailable now on your site.)

elzilcho

Enlightened
The LD02 regular model is discontinued. Is there a message you would like to send to the engineers?

Yes.

Providing both tint options (CW and WW) would be preferable to offering only one or the other. Just as some people dislike cool white lights, warm white isn't everyone's cup of tea, either.

Also, it appears the runtime on the new version has been almost halved from the original, at least on the medium level which is probably the most used. I'm surprised to see an "updated" light take a step backward on runtime.

Together these factors make this light a non-starter for me, which is too bad because I very much like my original LD02 and fully expected to like its successor.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.

Providing both tint options (CW and WW) would be preferable to offering only one or the other. Just as some people dislike cool white lights, warm white isn't everyone's cup of tea, either.

Also, it appears the runtime on the new version has been almost halved from the original, at least on the medium level which is probably the most used. I'm surprised to see an "updated" light take a step backward on runtime.

Together these factors make this light a non-starter for me, which is too bad because I very much like my original LD02 and fully expected to like its successor.

Hear hear....

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We are waiting for a reply from the engineers concerning your comments. We will post their reply. Thanks!

night.hoodie

Enlightened

Every other Fenix light has cool white. Pick one of those. This model is awesome as it is.

High CRI LEDs are less efficient! It is known.

Hear hear....

There is no pleasing some people. Fenix customers have been asking for 2 things, high CRI LED and a lower low mode, and the LD02 V2 delivers. This light isn't for you, pick another. Leave Fenix alone, please, they just nailed this one perfectly.

elzilcho & id30209

Name any AAA LED flashlight by any manufacturer ever in the history of flashlights that has a model that comes stock with a constant current circuit and is regulated for constant brightness.

There are no others.

Name any AAA LED flashlight by any manufacturer ever in the history of flashlights that has a model that comes stock with a 3000K high CRI emitter.

Let me help you guys: there are none, this is the very first one, and the only one currently in existence.

So please do not chase Fenix back to ordinary and mediocrity. Nearly every other LED flashlight in the world is cool white, 6500K, and thus will be brighter and with a lower CRI, i.e. abysmal color rendition, will have longer runtime. They are a dime a dozen. Those are for you, have at them.

This one also is dual spectrum! Seriously, this light is crazy great just like it is. Get out of the kitchen, you guys cannot cook, and I can't believe you trashed an announcement thread with your trolls. It would be no different if you posted in McGizmo's new Mahi thread, "yeah, I really don't care for Titanium, its gritty and feels cheap. Can you do one in stainless?" Mods!

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
night.hoodie calm down...i'm with Fenix since L2D model but the fact is when everybody gives you several options they stick to only one. And quality droped over the years. In total, not much improvement. Nice they have something new but in todays standards they're a bit behind other names.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We heard back from Fenix. They appreciate all your comments. Perhaps it is a bit misleading that the new LD02 V2.0 isn't really a upgrade to the LD02. They are really 2 different lights. Also, different people/users prefer different light colors for their own situations and environments. Moreover, the different runtimes are related to the different LEDs used for the two versions.

Side Note:
Thank you, night.hoddie, for your support.

We are waiting for a reply from the engineers concerning your comments. We will post their reply. Thanks!

elzilcho

Enlightened
My my, such a tantrum. I asked if Fenix would continue to offer the old version and, when they said they would not, I suggested they provide more emitter choices so they could appeal to a broader consumer base. Apparently some would prefer to stamp their feet and try to bully Fenix into serving only them.

And then hurling the troll label around with a call for the mods to intervene because someone offered constructive input on a new product? :laughing: I needed a laugh to start the day, thank you.

ETA: Fenix-store, I appreciate the follow up. Fenix's customers have a wide set of needs and I hope the engineers will consider re-including those who aren't well served by the newest version of the LD02 in future updates. Offering 2 emitter choices in the v2--either the current warm white that gives better color rendering for those who need it or a cool white that prioritizes runtime over CRI--would be a compelling product and cover a wide market without having to design an entirely new light. Just my perspective as a long-time customer.

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Side Note:
Thank you, night.hoddie, for your support.

Sorry for my color, but it needed to be said. Some members here are not only entirely clueless about what is important, what makes an excellent and unmatched mass-produced light, they also have no class -- probably because school is still out for summer. I hope you can ignore their petty aires, and asking that you return this light to ordinary and common, and that a mod comes along and cleans up your announcement thread. On behalf of the decent CPF members, I apologize for their rudeness and oblivion. Fenix will have no trouble selling this light as it is, except possibly keeping it in stock.

btw. NICE CLIP. This light truly nails every single quality any knowledgeable and discerning flashaholic could want in any light, let alone an AAA light. It is really quite something by the specs, and attractive to boot.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i see. Critical opinion is not accepted, only cheers and jeers.
Well i looked into the wrong thread then. Heading back to my summer school LOL
Sorry Fenix for bad words. I'm sure this light will have many happy customers...

night.hoodie

Enlightened
So i see. Critical opinion is not accepted, only cheers and jeers.
Well i looked into the wrong thread then. Heading back to my summer school LOL
Sorry Fenix for bad words. I'm sure this light will have many happy customers...

This is an announcement thread. No one at CPF has seen this. I have already invalidated the critical points which were made apparently without reflection, so save your flames for when you have first hand experience. I bet you add salt to food before you taste it.

To reiterate: 95% of all LED lights or more have cool white low cri emitters. The better the color rendition, the worse the runtime. That's how it is. Fenix is not a boutique flashlight maker, they mass produce.

For edification, this is a penlight, if the image of the light next to a pen did not make that obvious. I can't wait to gift this to professionals that need to carry lights in their shirt pockets, such as a nurse. I can't fathom a better penlight for a medical professional, unless maybe it was made of silver, which is ridiculous.

Nothing personal id30209, you were merely seduced by empty sophistry. Lots of flashaholics want the impossible, but it is rare to see a poster that is not aware that what they want is impossible.

Last edited: