3200+lumen 18650 powered torch - pocketable

Richard_T

Newly Enlightened
Im about to return a Fenix TK35UE ( 2018) version, the size is just right (as in length), the runtime on it was just about right, it could charge via USB, I was impressed with its brightness and the indicator light telling me how much charge was in the batteries, and it was comfortable in the hand, plus ( as its my first Lithium battery powered torch) i purchased some batteries to go with it.
As i'm returning this device, what else is there of a similar spec/brightness/price to the TK35UE(2018) that doesn't fall apart after a few days use? ( see here for my issues with this model https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...TKUE18-post-mortem-autopsyl-fatal-design-flaw)

Richard_T

Newly Enlightened
thanks, had a look at the O-light range not spotted anything there that fits the bill :( got two new 18650's sitting around ( and no device that uses them)

ven

Flashaholic
Check out emisar d4(quad and over 3000-4000lm). Also just released is a 26650 version D4S. Well under budget, the D4 under $40(or were), several options for LED choices. The UI is excellent, ramping, short cut to min/max and voltage check. Even adjust the temp for driver. Of course these crazy pocket rocket lights blast out 3000+lumens for seconds not minutes. But they can still be used like most 18650 lights around 300-600lm levels. Its single 18650, but you have a spare to swap out as it does eat down a cell fast! Just a thought, great lights for $40.

mtn electronics, and Hank at international outdoor have stock. Want some pocket crazy(need a larger pocket mind), the m43 for $98(bargain) but you need 4x 18650 cells. Its very compact, solid in build............much more than you would expect for the reduced $98 cost.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out emisar d4(quad and over 3000-4000lm). Also just released is a 26650 version D4S. Well under budget, the D4 under $40(or were), several options for LED choices. The UI is excellent, ramping, short cut to min/max and voltage check. Even adjust the temp for driver. Of course these crazy pocket rocket lights blast out 3000+lumens for seconds not minutes. But they can still be used like most 18650 lights around 300-600lm levels. Its single 18650, but you have a spare to swap out as it does eat down a cell fast! Just a thought, great lights for $40.

mtn electronics, and Hank at international outdoor have stock. Want some pocket crazy(need a larger pocket mind), the m43 for $98(bargain) but you need 4x 18650 cells. Its very compact, solid in build............much more than you would expect for the reduced $98 cost.

What he said, although I don't think I want the D4S.

Best bang for the buck, IMO, in this hobby.

And the D4 is $35 shipped, sans pocket clip and 18350 body.

Sony VTC-5As are your friend with this light.

Chris

Keitho

Enlightened
Probably the next step up in durability and price from the emisar is a zebralight, sc64 or one of the other 1x18650s. Similar size or slightly smaller, not as bright on turbo, more efficient, potted drivers, boring color.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes not but on the D4s yet, like the larger diameter tube for hand comfort though in 26650 format.

Keitho , ZL have some awesome 18650 options for super compact and even near or around 2500lm in the plus flavours. Very clever trick drivers, potted,efficient, light, awesome!

Richard_T

Newly Enlightened
Had a look at the emisar D4 series, tempted, but limited runtime at the higher levels, especialy due to the heat they give off.

still havent found a new home for my new 18650 cells, that are sitting unused and folorn in their boxes (fenix branded ARB-L18-3500)

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a look at the emisar D4 series, tempted, but limited runtime at the higher levels, especialy due to the heat they give off.

still havent found a new home for my new 18650 cells, that are sitting unused and folorn in their boxes (fenix branded ARB-L18-3500)

Yeah, but it puts out a lot of light, even through the 4-5 step-downs in getting to that reasonably moderate floody output.

I carried my cyan D4 219CT for 11 days driving through Texas and Oklahoma last month and it was fine for my travelling needs.

Chris

Richard_T

Newly Enlightened
The D4 certainly is tempting, especially as an in-between light ( do i need such a torch??? )
I've been looking at these:

Olight X7 Marauder
nitecore Tiny monster TM06, however a review on amazon said..
Not worth the money!!.... It only took about a week before the power/on off button came off.
and with my previous button issues this is one area im looking into

Fenix TK75 (2018) has stainless steel ( or another type of metal ie alumnium ) buttons however is it to big to fit in a jacket pocket such as a water proof outer jacket?

Richard_T

Newly Enlightened
In the end ive ordered a TK75, and a Emisar D4, the emisar for the novelty value/quick blast as opposed to run time.
At the moment I cant see why anyone would need more than two torches ( three if you include the little one on my car key chain) and i can see this website as being challenging to that bit of common sense, as well as denting my wallet - just how many torches do you need???
hopefully i will resist any temptation, and watch from the sidelines

ven

Flashaholic
Tk75 a classic, D4 a fun little light, also a d4s now on 26650 fuel.

Nice choices, as for how many...................well as with anything in life, as many as you want or makes you happy.............:naughty:

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
The D4 certainly is tempting, especially as an in-between light ( do i need such a torch??? )
I've been looking at these:

Olight X7 Marauder
nitecore Tiny monster TM06, however a review on amazon said..
and with my previous button issues this is one area im looking into

Fenix TK75 (2018) has stainless steel ( or another type of metal ie alumnium ) buttons however is it to big to fit in a jacket pocket such as a water proof outer jacket?

If you are going that big, and floody is okay, get the Acebeam X80 series, the gt maybe, because they can run @1k-4k lumens for a decent amount of time. Like over an hour @4k. Watts to lumen efficiency is very high, highest in the world right now, about 5 watts for 1 k lumens and 23 watts for 4k (and no that math is correct, pushing higher lumens increases watts exponentially)