HDS Systems: RA Clicky Question

moltenmag

Enlightened
Hey guys. Recently scored a RA Clicky 170 from eBay. I have 2 questions...

1. How do you fix the air being trapped under the bezel of the rubber boot? (Can I use a current flush button in the RA button housing?)

2. Does anyone know where I can get a clip that screws into the body?

Appreciate any help!

Here are the pics... Moltenmag out.

243jkwn.jpg

25hq39l.jpg

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current rubber boots work fine with the Legacy light caps. The Legacy lights had a higher tendency to balloon up. Some guys suggested holding the button in while screwing the tailcap or battery tube to avoid trapping air, but once they're stretched out, they seem to just bulge up again. I just switched to a raised boot.
You can get a new tailcap for a good price or even a Ti bezel for that bad boy at Unique Titanium. They also sell the switch boots alone.

Nice catch!

moltenmag

Enlightened
The current rubber boots work fine with the Legacy light caps. The Legacy lights had a higher tendency to balloon up. Some guys suggested holding the button in while screwing the tailcap or battery tube to avoid trapping air, but once they're stretched out, they seem to just bulge up again. I just switched to a raised boot.
You can get a new tailcap for a good price or even a Ti bezel for that bad boy at Unique Titanium. They also sell the switch boots alone.

Nice catch!

Ok awesome Slumber Pass! I'll check Unique Titanium out! Do you know where I can get a clip that screws in the side?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok awesome Slumber Pass! I'll check Unique Titanium out! Do you know where I can get a clip that screws in the side?

There were some nice Ti clips made by a member here in small batches. WVALTAKIS??Best bet is a WTB thread. If you'd like one of the stock molle clips that were standard on early versions of this light, I think I have one. Let me have a look and I'll shoot you a PM.

indigon

Enlightened
I actually like the clip you have on there better than the original.
You could also just put a couple screws in the holes..
M6rpqlw.jpg

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely Wvaltakis on those clips. I have a couple, here on (and with) my Ti Ra.

dGpQQrR.jpg

He's not making them anymore, unfortunately. I spoke with him myself, probably about a year ago. He's doing other things now. But if you put a WTB out there you may snag one from someone. There's gotta be a few out there not getting much love anymore.

moltenmag

Enlightened
Definitely Wvaltakis on those clips. I have a couple, here on (and with) my Ti Ra.

He's not making them anymore, unfortunately. I spoke with him myself, probably about a year ago. He's doing other things now. But if you put a WTB out there you may snag one from someone. There's gotta be a few out there not getting much love anymore.

Nice titanium Clicky you have there emarkd. I just posted a WTB for a clipt! Never heard of Wvaltakis. Maybe I'll snag one of those!