Emisar D4S

Nichia!

Banned
Any one got the new Emisar D4S yet? It takes single 26650 battery and comes with aux LEDs!!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any one got the new Emisar D4S yet? It takes single 26650 battery and comes with aux LEDs!!

Hank hasn't released them yet, but for pre-production samples. I think ToyKeeper has one over on BLF and I guess it should be interesting.

I have the D1S and D4 219CT and I'm looking at the D1. I don't think 26650 lights are all that appealing to me, so I'll probably pass.

Chris

Nichia!

Banned
I was thinking about the d4 Ti for a long time but now I think am in love with the d4s I only hope it comes with many color options for aux LEDs..

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks very tempting, but it's gonna be too big for a jeans pocket/EDC and the slightly larger Fireflies Rot66 should take over for jacket pocket/hiking walking duty.

Vinh's dedomed SST20 version has me curious though.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks very tempting, but it's gonna be too big for a jeans pocket/EDC and the slightly larger Fireflies Rot66 should take over for jacket pocket/hiking walking duty.

Vinh's dedomed SST20 version has me curious though.

That's my take on it, too, although the Fireflies is roughly twice the price at list, and even those who get in on the group buy will be paying somewhere in the $70+ range (exact price isn't public).

Besides, everybody has different preferences for size. Some people with big pockets may carry the D4S. Others will holster carry it. Some will prefer the magnetic tailcap, etc. The D4S definitely has a place.

On a fun side note, Lexel over at BLF is coming out with more options for auxiliary LED boards for both the D4S and the ROT66. I think he's got one in the works for the original D4, too.

Nichia!

Banned
That's my take on it, too, although the Fireflies is roughly twice the price at list, and even those who get in on the group buy will be paying somewhere in the $70+ range (exact price isn't public).

Besides, everybody has different preferences for size. Some people with big pockets may carry the D4S. Others will holster carry it. Some will prefer the magnetic tailcap, etc. The D4S definitely has a place.

On a fun side note, Lexel over at BLF is coming out with more options for auxiliary LED boards for both the D4S and the ROT66. I think he's got one in the works for the original D4, too.

auxiliary LED boards for the ROT66???
Do you mean New version of the light will come with auxiliary LED??

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Just put cash on the barrelhead for one w/ the 4000K XPL-HI LEDs - should have it in ~2 weeks. I expect it will fill in the gap between the D4 and D1 nicely.

I'm hoping that there are some other options available in the future. A 21700 body would be a nice touch given that those cells are seeing development thanks to a certain always-in-the-news loved-and-hated electric car manufacturer. Might even buy another should they offer one with a floody optic like the 10623 version of the D4 which I find a bit more useful than the stock version.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just put cash on the barrelhead for one w/ the 4000K XPL-HI LEDs - should have it in ~2 weeks. I expect it will fill in the gap between the D4 and D1 nicely.

I'm hoping that there are some other options available in the future. A 21700 body would be a nice touch given that those cells are seeing development thanks to a certain always-in-the-news loved-and-hated electric car manufacturer. Might even buy another should they offer one with a floody optic like the 10623 version of the D4 which I find a bit more useful than the stock version.

The D4S uses the LEDiL Angie optic, there are floodier versions of it you can order from a supplier and swap in. Should be very easy.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The D4S uses the LEDiL Angie optic, there are floodier versions of it you can order from a supplier and swap in. Should be very easy.

Never tried to unscrew the head on my D4's; figured they were epoxied or something since they have no give whatsoever.

I might end up doing the swap myself, but funny thing is I sort of ... collect ... Emisars so multiple examples aren't a terrible thing.

SG1

Newly Enlightened
87 left at Mtn Electronics as of now. Just got my Emisar D4S metallic green yesterday. I bought the 100 one so these are going quick! Also mine has already shipped! 🤗

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got mine. Can't decide which battery to use so I charged all of them. It's my smallest 26650 outside of my dqg's, and the aqua colored night light is perfect for a...night light

Nichia!

Banned
87 left at Mtn Electronics as of now. Just got my Emisar D4S metallic green yesterday. I bought the 100 one so these are going quick! Also mine has already shipped! 🤗

I've got mine. Can't decide which battery to use so I charged all of them. It's my smallest 26650 outside of my dqg's, and the aqua colored night light is perfect for a...night light

Pictures, beams shots, video review??

SG1

Newly Enlightened
5500 mah Shockli, out of stock at mtn tho. I'll post a beamshot comparison of D4 219C come friday👍