Question about EDCplus dropins

ven

Flashaholic
I have the NW xp-g2 EDC plus and would say 4000k. Its pretty much the malkoff neutral but 3 of them in optics. Warm side of neutral for me, as 4-5k is neutral, 5k being the cooler side of.

Its a nice p60, nicely made and i am sure it is potted.

My EDC plus NW is in my M2 at present, they do start in high so bare that in mind. Its good to have options, so if 600+ OTF lumens is needed on 1st click(defence, out in a large open area), they work well for those kind of applications.
T6FAfWyl.jpg

These will also fit in the md2 head nicely, as the p60 shell tapers.

ven

Flashaholic
Welcome and pm replied with pics of.....................................

DaMRcYNl.jpg

MkT0A9fl.jpg

M8MeGLTl.jpg

and more!

ven

Flashaholic
I will add,i do find the 4000k very pleasing on the eye, the xp-g2 4000k are a very nice bit of light. Even this time on, IMO they hold their own easy in todays day and age. The xp-g2 is an awesome LED, much prefer than the newer gen xp-g3 as well. If you like malkoff n flavours, then x3 in optics for this p60.

It feels nicely made, can undo the front ring to remove optic iirc(been a while since tried). For around $60, they are still decent value even though around $25 more than the sportac. If you dont have a sportac triple 219b or 219c, i strongly recommend one or several of those. I prefer the 2 mode with memory, 20% and 100% as the 20% is 140-160lm ish, perfect as a do it all light and can be used like a single mode. I only have one EDCplus(no regrets) but must have 5 or 6 sportac triples....................

Nichia!

Banned
I will add,i do find the 4000k very pleasing on the eye, the xp-g2 4000k are a very nice bit of light. Even this time on, IMO they hold their own easy in todays day and age. The xp-g2 is an awesome LED, much prefer than the newer gen xp-g3 as well. If you like malkoff n flavours, then x3 in optics for this p60.

It feels nicely made, can undo the front ring to remove optic iirc(been a while since tried). For around $60, they are still decent value even though around $25 more than the sportac. If you dont have a sportac triple 219b or 219c, i strongly recommend one or several of those. I prefer the 2 mode with memory, 20% and 100% as the 20% is 140-160lm ish, perfect as a do it all light and can be used like a single mode. I only have one EDCplus(no regrets) but must have 5 or 6 sportac triples....................

Yes, I wish I have one of the sportac nichia B 4000k but I don't where to find it

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I think when sold, or here in UK anyway, the description just says 219b 5000k. Now i have had several 219b triples and 2 or 3 219c triples. The 219c triples to my eyes could be 4000k ish, the 219b sportacs appear around 4500k , again to my eyes. They have a little rosy/warm in there, where as other 5000k tend to be more cleaner or purer whits(be that 219b or 219c 5000k!).

So any sportac 219b, if you can find one get it, you will like it a lot. Its still today one of my fav's and for the money make it excellent value. Super tough as well, dont think the sportacs are potted, but one i use in work has had more of a beating that n any other ans some!

Have a look here, they have 219c 4000k in, also xp-g2 NW which works out around 1/2 the cost of the EDC plus
https://illuminationgear.com/products/sportac-p60-triple-led-module-two-mode-incls-adapter-ring

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one. It is well-built and most definitely potted. One point of concern, and the reason why mine doesn't see much use, is because not only does it start on 'High' but the mode spacing between 'High' and 'Medium' is barely distinguishable. The drop to 'Low' is much more distinguishable for some reason.

Nichia!

Banned
I have one. It is well-built and most definitely potted. One point of concern, and the reason why mine doesn't see much use, is because not only does it start on 'High' but the mode spacing between 'High' and 'Medium' is barely distinguishable. The drop to 'Low' is much more distinguishable for some reason.

It's okay for me to start on high. I have too many lights starts on low so no big deal for me. Thank you for your input:)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I got mine and will post photos later. It's heavier than I imagined for such a small thing. That's good. Tint is acceptable for NW. tossed it into a brand new 6P. I wonder if it would generate too much heat for a G2Z with Al bezel.

ven

Flashaholic
I got mine and will post photos later. It's heavier than I imagined for such a small thing. That's good. Tint is acceptable for NW. tossed it into a brand new 6P. I wonder if it would generate too much heat for a G2Z with Al bezel.

I would think so, i left (well not intentional) an OR 219b mule for 30m in my tool box. No al head, but the heat sinks through the tube under the nitrolon. It was very warm throughout the whole light, around 300lm in output. Battery was also very warm, which is not very good!.

iirc, its over 700 OTF lumens which is quite a lot. Mine is the NW , or 4000k xp-g2 version............nice , warm edge to it. Only slight down side for me (not really that i guess)is the start in high, medium not being much of a drop to the eye. For decent output/run time balance, the medium would make best sense out doors imo. Still with many starting in low or with memory(forgetting where it has been left at), starting in high is a nice option for some applications. Options are good.

Congrats, nice p60 the EDC+. Kicks out a nice amount of light:)

Woods Walker

QGdt9V7.jpg

ICnZkXp.jpg

This is an optical illusion. The yellow is all around all three. Just depends on the angle.

lfh3fmW.jpg

No PWM detected on low.

Y0r93YW.jpg

Hi mode on par with any XM-L or XP-L light I own with similar voltage range.

D9dUTBF.jpg

The tint is good! Always the best part of any light though actually working is the most important aspect to any tool. Seemed really well made.

0hFuz9f.jpg

Night jogging.

n4X1I5L.jpg

Runs great with 4XAA Eneloops which are within the voltage range that tops off at 6v I think. A good setup for running as it's like a baton.

WJjucnJ.jpg

Operation with a twisty was a bit harder than clicky. Tested both however that was to be expected. I needed to put a single 2XAA spacer to the SolarForce parts or the it would change modes with 4XAA. Rock solid after. 16650 also worked great and CR123 seems to function fine.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

I didn't use the spring for the SF host. I didn't bother with the new window and O-ring. Will save those if the stock breaks or gets heavily damaged.

Woods Walker

I have the NW xp-g2 EDC plus and would say 4000k. Its pretty much the malkoff neutral but 3 of them in optics. Warm side of neutral for me, as 4-5k is neutral, 5k being the cooler side of.

Its a nice p60, nicely made and i am sure it is potted.

My EDC plus NW is in my M2 at present, they do start in high so bare that in mind. Its good to have options, so if 600+ OTF lumens is needed on 1st click(defence, out in a large open area), they work well for those kind of applications.
T6FAfWyl.jpg

These will also fit in the md2 head nicely, as the p60 shell tapers.

Does the first bezel ring to the left show in the beam pattern. I just ordered a flat SS (the middle one) from the same seller.

Woods Walker

The low mode is really good for a field light. Guessing between 12 lumens as listed.

Zx2G9eQ.jpg

I am not sure why they made the medium visually so near the high. The numbers show a big gap but visually it's not extreme. The high is listed at 845 OTF with around 400 medium. I can see it but maybe 200 or 300 lumens might have been better. I can do just about everything with 300 as 400. I like how it's sealed much as my old M60LL so can be moved around or maybe even packed alone as an extra engine without fear of dusting up a reflector.