Surefire m6 and m3t-cb rechargeable battery options in United Kingdom

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Although I've been a long time reader here at cpf this is only my second post. I'm looking to find some 17500 rechargeables for my m3t but am struggling to find a good supplier in the uk, can anyone recommend somewhere? Or alternative suggestions to power my m3, I know it's an old light but I really want to keep a good Incan on the go. I'm in a similar situation with my m6lt, ideally I would find a 2x18650 holder like the ones modcon pruduced, how ever I could be waiting forever to find one 2nd hand. Perhaps I could make my own? Or perhaps I should use rcr123 batteries? The lower voltage ones? But these are also difficult to find here in the uk, any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Can't ring them as website says their on holiday, I'll send them an email, I'll give the other site you've suggested a try as well, thank you

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get 14500 900mah cells more easily. Norb has them. They are 75% the capacity of 17500, but at least you can use your light. You can make a sleeve for them with thin card or buy a commercially made sleeve.
P

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Yea I did think about using 14500 batteries, but wasn't sure with regard to what bulbs I can use, ideally I would like to get some of the lumens factory bulbs and increase output over the mn16

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're the same voltage as 18650, 17500 et al, if they're Li-Ion. So a pair will give you 7.4 nominal voltage, 8.4 without load.
P

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Currently I'm using the lumens factory warm tint led tower with cr123's but although good it doesn't replace incan for me ideally I want a setup with more output, in incan and rechargeable. Also a similar set up for an m6, even though I don't own one anymore I do have a m6lt and a modular turbo head I can use if I was to remove the glued on turbo head of the m6lt. But then with that I have the issue of trying to make that rechargeable.

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Then I would be in the realms of what is a different torch/form factor part of the reason I like the m3t. Wouldn't this give longer runtime, good suggestion though with my other post about m6.

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
I am currently using three Nitecore RCR123A cells (and a decent Nitecore charger) for my M3T which give a range of options, including bi-pin lamp units and an adaptor from TAD Customs or various LED tower drop-in units. Hope this helps. Regards. Jim.

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, sorry for such a late reply back to my own thread, I’ve had to put my torch hobby on the back burner for a while, anyway thanks to everyone that’s replied, I’m still interested in finding solutions and ideas to my original question.

Hi Jim, some good suggestions there, when you say rcr123a cells do you mean 3.7v ones or the lower voltage harder to find ones? Which are closer to the voltage of cr123 primaries. I’ve thought about this option a few times also for my m6lt but don’t want to risk using the higher voltage cells without knowing for sure their not too much. What bulb are you using in your m3t with the rcr’s?

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
In my M3T, I am using the 3.7 volt versions - description from supplier as follows: Nitecore 16340 RCR123 IC Protected 650mAh.

As to bulbs, I am using a TAD Customs MN7225 bulb with the corresponding adaptor socket from TAD Customs. For LED, I use a Lumens Factory M3T-LED tower.

Like you, i have not dared to try the rechargeable batteries in my M6 because I have a (now discontinued) Malkoff MD60 LED tower in it and I don't want to damage it if it cannot handle the rechargeable batteries - so I'm sticking to CR123 primaries with that.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]