• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

=CLOSED=Lightsaver Miser 5 mode tailcap for SF 6P,G2,C2,E1,E2 group buy

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
====CLOSED====
Started this thing in other thread but it would be better if it has a separate place.
Folks at Armyproperty gave us a chance to get a group discount on mentioned in the subject tailcaps.
Minimum order to get a discount is 250$ (which is almost achieved by novice and me :))

Some info about the product which can be seen here:
j4131gda

Installed on G2
image.jpg

E series tailcaps
image.jpg

C series tailcaps
image.jpg

Info from their site:
LIGHTSAVER® MISER™ MULTI-FUNCTION TAILCAP SWITCH UPGRADEWhy use Full Power to read maps, navigate or do night tasks when only 25% does what you need and more? Extend the operational battery life of expensive Lithium batteries by using the energy you need for various tasks. Convert your regular tactical lights to new technology at a fraction of the cost of replacing your light. The exclusive LightSaver patented IQ Switch® microchip technology enables three levels of brightness--100%, 50% and 25% --and 2 flash speeds, all with a single switch. Turn your simple �torch� flashlight into a more effective, versatile tool that can extend battery life up to 8 times! At 25%, your light burn time exceeds 4 hours!Fits Surefire® G2, C2, 6P, E2E and E2D Defender and more. Miser™ Tail Cap Intelligent IQ Switch® Upgrade Functions: Tested with Surefire® Lithium Batteries
• Quick Press - 100%
• 2nd Press - 50%
• 3rd Press - 25%
• 4th Press Emergency Fast Flash
• 5th Press Emergency Slow Alpine Flash
• 6th Press -OFF
• Automatic shut-off after 15 minutesThe Miser™ was tested with Surefire® Lithium batteries in a laboratory environment for effective burn time. The values shown show burn times with a discharge to 50% off charged battery voltage. Click here to View the Chart.
• P60 6V FP Full Power discharge 100%
• P60 6V MP Medium Power discharge 50%
• P60 6V LP Low Power discharge 25%Test Value Time for Useful Light to 50% of battery voltage:
• 100% - 1H 12 Minutes
• 50% - 2H 24 Minutes
• 25%- 4H 10 Minutes
• Slow Function Only -- Can achieve a 8X factor of battery life in emergency conditions. Miser™ Multi-Function Tail Cap Upgrade Specs:
• Incandescent bulb flashlights Only
• Does not alter the water resistance or waterproof characteristics of the original light
• Replaces Tail Cap switches on various manufacturers lights
• Microcircuit intelligent switch is in intrinsically safe in hazardous atmospheres
• Waterproof construction
• Functions with 6 to 12 Volt lights - 2, 3 and 4 cells
• Aircraft Aluminum Alloy
• Anodized Finish
• Designed for typical intermittent operation, Auto Off in 15 Minutes.
• Made in South Africa for LE and Military forces.
• Colors: Black
• HA Olive
• Tan-(Surefire G2™ Only)
Not for use with LED lights

Available options:
• LSF130302- SureFire® Executive Series - Black - VOLTAGE RANGE 3-6V (1-2xC123 or 1-(2)x li-ion)
• LSF130202- SureFire® E2E, E2D Series - HA Olive - VOLTAGE RANGE 3-6V (1-2xC123 or 1-(2)x li-ion)
• LSF130303- SureFire Z2, 6P, G2, C2 and Pelican® M6 lights - Black - VOLTAGE RANGE 6-12V (2-4xC123 or 2-3x li-ion)
• LSF130203- SureFire Z2, 6P, G2, C2 and Pelican® M6 lights - HA Olive - VOLTAGE RANGE 6-12V (2-4xC123 or 2-3x li-ion)
• LSF130603- SureFire Z2, 6P, G2, C2 and Pelican® M6 lights - Tan/Sand - VOLTAGE RANGE 6-12V (2-4xC123 or 2-3x li-ion)

Anyone interested please drop a reply to this thread with quantity and options.

LIST:

id30209 - 1 x LSF130202 , 2 x LSF130303 , 2 x LSF130203
novice - 2 x LSF130603 , 2 x LSF130202
night.hoodie -
1xLSF130202 1xLSF130302 1xLSF130203
The Whispering Gallery - 1 x LSF130303
ebuchner - 3 x LSF130203
TOTAL: ~275$

====CLOSED====

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Lightsaver Miser 5 mode tailcap for SF 6P,G2,C2,E1,E2 group buy

Moving to "Groupbuys, Passarounds and Giveaways".

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great news! So whats the plan?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great news! So whats the plan?

Get a number of orders, pay, get shipped (to be clarified), enjoy.
Did you had something else in mind? There are some details to be sorted but not until i see if there's enough interest.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did they indicate the minimum amount to actually offer a bulk discount?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

Minimum order for a group discount is 250$ TOTAL. First post updated

night.hoodie

Enlightened

Nice work id30209, and thank you for setting this up.

please put me down for
1x • LSF130302- SureFire® Executive Series - Black - VOLTAGE RANGE 3-6V (1-2xC123 or 1-(2)x li-ion)
2x • LSF130202- SureFire® E2E, E2D Series - HA Olive - VOLTAGE RANGE 3-6V (1-2xC123 or 1-(2)x li-ion)

I hope these will work in a 3A setup! Intended use is 2xIMR18350, which is 8.4V max, but 7.4V nominal. I cannot tell from the info in the first post. Surprises me that the internals are not all identical, but I don't doubt it. If 3A/8.4V-7.4V is unlikely to work with the E tails, I'll need to go with the P/C tails... so if you have any way of finding out, let me know, and I'll need to adjust my request.

I have an idea how much this will cost, but maybe you can nail it down for me so I can set aside the funds and be ready. (And hoping the purchase takes place after 1st of the month, and within the first week of the month... when I am usually more solvent).

And thanks... again.

----
also, may want to try bbcode list tag (not all bbcode works here, but this does):

(remove the spaces)
[ list ]
[ * ] here's an item
[ * ] here's another
[ / list]

improved formatting then appears like
  • here's an item
  • here's another

There ought to be a list tag that auto-numbers the list, but I can't figure out what it is... so maybe not.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice work id30209, and thank you for setting this up.

please put me down for
1x • LSF130302- SureFire® Executive Series - Black - VOLTAGE RANGE 3-6V (1-2xC123 or 1-(2)x li-ion)
2x • LSF130202- SureFire® E2E, E2D Series - HA Olive - VOLTAGE RANGE 3-6V (1-2xC123 or 1-(2)x li-ion)

I hope these will work in a 3A setup! Intended use is 2xIMR18350, which is 8.4V max, but 7.4V nominal. I cannot tell from the info in the first post. Surprises me that the internals are not all identical, but I don't doubt it. If 3A/8.4V-7.4V is unlikely to work with the E tails, I'll need to go with the P/C tails... so if you have any way of finding out, let me know, and I'll need to adjust my request.

I have an idea how much this will cost, but maybe you can nail it down for me so I can set aside the funds and be ready. (And hoping the purchase takes place after 1st of the month, and within the first week of the month... when I am usually more solvent).

And thanks... again.

----
also, may want to try bbcode list tag (not all bbcode works here, but this does):

(remove the spaces)

improved formatting then appears like
  • here's an item
  • here's another
There ought to be a list tag that auto-numbers the list, but I can't figure out what it is... so maybe not.

Thx night.hoodie for stopping by. The list has been updated.
Your option cost, without a discount, 10$ so 30$ total :) ( i think)
Since you have a plan to use it with FM1794 i presume, i can tell you it works fine for me. Using lightsaver miser guts in FM penta with identical battery setup without an issue for a few months now.
I'm kinda looking forward to get those 6-12V tails to throw into SF tailcaps for 3x18350 setup in M3 with WA1331 or 2x18650 in M4 with WA1274.

Regarding thread editing...huh, i'm not that skilled. Basics i know but everything else is like a rocket science to me.
I appreciate your inputs. I'll play with it. Hopefully, i won't "destroy" something :/

Last edited:

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened

So the 6P tail cap definitely doesn't work with 1 lithium ion battery since it says 6-12V?

night.hoodie

Enlightened

So the 6P tail cap definitely doesn't work with 1 lithium ion battery since it says 6-12V?

Not sure this will help, but I doubt these specs are completely trustworthy. I know the E version works with CR123A, mine does, but mine does not work with 2xNiMH... but shouldn't it? I believe the only way we will know anything about these tails is when a CPF member or three tries something and reports back.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened

Not sure this will help, but I doubt these specs are completely trustworthy. I know the E version works with CR123A, mine does, but mine does not work with 2xNiMH... but shouldn't it? I believe the only way we will know anything about these tails is when a CPF member or three tries something and reports back.

You can use guts from E series in your tailcap if you want by replacing it. Then it will work. Here's the link:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?447009-Lightsaver-miser-guts-fit-sf-6p-tail!

Yes I have the E-series version and installed the guts in a Solarforce tail cap. Mine does work with 2xNiMH. I wouldn't mind picking up a 6P version as well but I never use lithium primaries. Going to think about if I want to be the guinea pig.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes I have the E-series version and installed the guts in a Solarforce tail cap. Mine does work with 2xNiMH. I wouldn't mind picking up a 6P version as well but I never use lithium primaries. Going to think about if I want to be the guinea pig.

For this cheap mission i wouldn't think much though. Whatever you deceide just leave reply.
I must say you're first who's running 2xnimh... Which flashlight you have?

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened

For this cheap mission i wouldn't think much though. Whatever you deceide just leave reply.

It's a Solarforce L2M with an extra extension tube. I believe it is about the same length as a 9P. Go ahead and put me down for a 6P tail cap, black. LSF130303

night.hoodie

Enlightened

My own experience with Miser and 2xNiMH turns out is not reliable. This is an E2LAA, and I just had a problem, like just now, with a z68 failing to fire it. Actually, light was on, then minutes later it wasn't, on fresh cells. Thought I blew a lamp, which would be weird for 2.4V to blow a 3.7V lamp. After stretching the spring out a bit, now fires fine. So the spring changed shape from one minute to the next. IOW, idk for a fact anymore that my E Miser won't fire 2xNiMH; may be that this E2LAA tube has just a mm or so too much thread, or my tail springs are getting mushed and old and losing reach.

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened

My own experience with Miser and 2xNiMH turns out is not reliable. This is an E2LAA, and I just had a problem, like just now, with a z68 failing to fire it. Actually, light was on, then minutes later it wasn't, on fresh cells. Thought I blew a lamp, which would be weird for 2.4V to blow a 3.7V lamp. After stretching the spring out a bit, now fires fine. So the spring changed shape from one minute to the next. IOW, idk for a fact anymore that my E Miser won't fire 2xNiMH; may be that this E2LAA tube has just a mm or so too much thread, or my tail springs are getting mushed and old and losing reach.

I did a test to see what is the lowest voltage that would allow the E series Lightsaver to work. I posted in the Lightsaver miser guts fit 6P tail thread so as not to clutter up this group buy thread.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did a test to see what is the lowest voltage that would allow the E series Lightsaver to work. I posted in the Lightsaver miser guts fit 6P tail thread so as not to clutter up this group buy thread.

Just saw it. Great info. Although it says 3-6V but that's official declaration so the company doesn't have to be responsible for inadequate usage. In other words if i'm using it in 7.4V setup there should be some limits in lower range as well, which you proved it.