Recommend me a thrower currently available in the uk

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Looking for suggestions for a high performing thrower currently available in the uk, with a nice tint? Ruling out the mx3 based on that. Sr52 is that the next best? What about if I want better performance? Would love a light from sky lumens, not the uk I know but perhaps worth the hassle of buying from America, then thrunite etc become options. Any ideas welcome. My current collection is missing a really good thrower but all my torches are a bit different or high end models and I want the same in a thrower ideally.

cheers Atr

Scourie

Enlightened
What's your budget, battery requirement and how far do you want to throw? I like Thrunites, so the TN42 NW is an option for £200ish.

Last edited:

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Hi Scourie, sorry for my late reply back i won't go into the reasons but a lots been going on anyway I'm still after suggestions. My budget is fairly open I don't mind spending on a quality torch that fits the bill, my current collection although small is all high end expensive lights that I like for particular reasons and have spent good money to obtain the small details I like. With regard to batteries I've got plenty of 18650's and use a fair few cr123's but my only requirement for batteries is that they are available in the uk so I don't really mind what type. I've never own a thrunite but there's a couple that look real good, for example the very pocketable catapult v6 mini. Not the most powerful but compact and looks well made. Any other suggestions? Tn42 maybe for a serious thrower?

Scourie

Enlightened
Welcome back :) Pity, but I've just sold a Thrunite TN32 and TN31 drawer queens, both modded to approx 400k lux! I've been toying with the idea of a Acebeam K65, 6000 lumens and 1000m throw. How far do you want to reach out?

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Ah what! I definitely would have been interested. We're they Vinh modded? The acebeam looks good to me, being dedomed though I wonder about the tint, I'll have to read up on some reviews. What makes you want the acebeam over the thrunites? Wouldn't the modded ones have performed better and general build quality of been higher? Distance wise I would like to get beyond 1000m really, I realise my earlier suggestion of the catapult dosent achieve that but it is small/pocketable plus fairly good quality and I think with a reasonable tint. Ha still if I got one I would still want a bigger super thrower as well.

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Much higher lumen output on the k65 vs the thrunites but similar distance, modded thrunites higher lux mind, perhaps the k65 has a bigger hotspot?

Scourie

Enlightened
Modded by me :)

I've still got one decent thrower approx 400k, and thats a V54 Supbeam K40, I plan to keep that one. Sometimes though, there's no substitute for output, and that's where the K65 hits the mark.

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Any thoughts on the imalent rt35 as a high performing but cheap decent thrower? The specs look good and currently easily available in the uk.