HDS keychain: clicky or twisty?

Would you prefer the HDS keychain to be a Clicky or a Twisty?

• Clicky

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Twisty

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

HighLumens

Enlightened
Hogo mentioned the future keychain HDS will "most likely be a twisty". I already expressed my opinion in the suggestions thread (I think a clicky would be better because it's easier to operate one handed) but I'd like to know yours as well: would you rather the keychain HDS be a clicky or a twisty?

Nichia!

Banned
Clicky is the best for sure. I will never buy a twisty!

elzilcho

Enlightened
Clicky would be my preference, or at least a twisty where the head is compatible with other clicky bodies (Lumintop Tool?) so we can have the best of both worlds.

It seems unlikely Henry would construct a light with dimensions similar to the relatively small Tool, but if we're dreaming then why not?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a small keychain, then I prefer a twisty one, it's safer (the button takes up space and can be unreliable theoretically) and more easily controlled by one hand. 4 days ago I touched the old version Eagletac D25 Ti with XM-L (it does not eat 14500), this is a very cool keychain, but I did not like the shape and shade of the beam, so I did not buy it.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate twisty lights, but on a keychain with all the other crap, I have always had problems with lights that have buttons... so for keychain, it's twisty.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I vote twisty. No switch to break. And I'm thinking 123 battery size. Perfect way to carry a spare cell for your other HDS light😀

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I vote clicky. I've been carrying a copper tool for over a year and can think of only once or twice it activated accidentally...I tried to use a twisty aaa Maratac but I didn't like having to use two hands to operate/switch modes. Besides, if it comes on accidentally, it'll have auto shutoff...right?

SleepyInTheSun

Newly Enlightened
Twisty... I've never found attaching clicky lights to my keychain particularly elegant, although to be fair the HDS solution has yet to be seen.

Favorite feature of small twisty lights is finding that magic level of tightness where I can cycle modes with a slight bit of extra pressure on the head.

I do agree with those that dislike larger twisty format, it only works for me in keychain size.

HighLumens

Enlightened
Clicky would be my preference, or at least a twisty where the head is compatible with other clicky bodies (Lumintop Tool?) so we can have the best of both worlds.

It seems unlikely Henry would construct a light with dimensions similar to the relatively small Tool, but if we're dreaming then why not?

I tought the same about twisty and clicky interchangeable bodies but i'm pretty sure it's not something Henry would design, or at least for now.

I hate twisty lights, but on a keychain with all the other crap, I have always had problems with lights that have buttons... so for keychain, it's twisty.

Well I get what you and others are saying here so anyway thank you for the quick reply :p

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I look at a keychain light simply as a backup or emergency light, not as a primary. It has to sit there for a year not used, but has to work when I need it, therefore, the twisty.
My keychain...
Yep, only 1 key on it.

img-1438.jpg

mcm308

Enlightened
I look at a keychain light simply as a backup or emergency light, not as a primary. It has to sit there for a year not used, but has to work when I need it, therefore, the twisty.
My keychain...
Yep, only 1 key on it.

img-1438.jpg
Nice keychain! And I agree. The keychain light has to take the abuse of dangling on a keychain daily. May not be needed for a year but must work when needed! Now that I think of it, i really like the twisty action of the ARC P and I may have to change my preference to twisty however, the knurling needs to be good to manipulate. I had the Ti Atom CPF 15 year on my ring for a while but I like these Arcs better.

Off topic Hogo but what model is the SAK on your ring? As you see I am a SAK guy myself and just ordered a classic SD i think to replace the little guy on my ring but hoping its not to big.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though he may be open to a few suggestions, Henry is the sort of guy who will apologetically build the device the way he likes it. I'm aware we don't get to choose features but my dream is a super sub-compact HDS with a lanyard attachment point so I can wear it on a cord around my neck. This could work if only the key attachment ring were large enough to accommodate para-cord.

mcm308

Enlightened
Though he may be open to a few suggestions, Henry is the sort of guy who will apologetically build the device the way he likes it. I'm aware we don't get to choose features but my dream is a super sub-compact HDS with a lanyard attachment point so I can wear it on a cord around my neck. This could work if only the key attachment ring were large enough to accommodate para-cord.
You know you could attach paracord to a small split ring...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off topic Hogo but what model is the SAK on your ring? As you see I am a SAK guy myself and just ordered a classic SD i think to replace the little guy on my ring but hoping its not to big.

It's the MiniChamp. Great on the keychain.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you mean something like the Prometheus Beta?
P