SureFire 18650

Mr. Owl

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF!

i am a European who are looking for batteries for my new SureFire Fury-DFT. The only problem is that my official SureFire dealer in my country can't get them. I've tried every US dealer I can find online, asked politely if they would sell me a couple, but no one can ship them outside US.

Does anybody here know about any dealer that will send a couple batteries outside of US? Or has anyone found batteries from another manufacturer that works with the Fury-DFT?

The SF CR123A batteries costs a fortune here, and my Redilast 18650 won't work in the light so I am starting to get desperate.

Thanks for helping out :)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Europe, I've heard people recommend nkon.nl, though I have not tried them myself. You could also try Banggood, though their shipping of lithium-ion batteries comes and goes. Aliexpress is another one, but beware there are lots of fakes on that site.

I think you might need a button-top 18650 cell? If those are hard to order, then you can add a small magnet to the positive end of a flat-top cell so it will make contact. I don't know if Surefire uses low-voltage-protection, so beware of over-draining your cell if it does not have a protection circuit.

parametrek

Enlightened
Regular button top 18650 should work fine. Lots of options at eu.nkon.nl and based on their prices you can get 3 for the price of one SF battery.

Mr. Owl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I will find someone on nkon.nl :)

if anyone would know any dealer that sells original SF batteries with international shipping give me a shout, I would be very glad :)

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Nkon is the answer. I always buy from them. Great price, even for CR123. Panasonic can be found for 1.54€ if you buy 20 or more. On amazon I have found packs of 10 for 1.38 each and free shipping.

Also on Nkon they have all kinds of rechargeables and their shipping price is very nice.

I'm tempted to get another Zebralight from them!

You don't need original SF 18650, they're rebranded anyway. Even the CR123 are rebranded Panasonics (and overpriced).

Mr. Owl

Newly Enlightened
The problem is that I can't find Panasonic that are protected and with button top. And I came over a thread on another site, where a guy supposedly have tried Panasonic batteries with his new fury light and still having problems.

I dont understand why SureFire are being so strict about selling a couple batteries, I understand the whole support your local dealer etc. but when he can't order the batteries from SureFire I don't understand that.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire batteries are high drain so if you don't have a capable cell you won't light up your beast. I'm also here on the old continent and managed to get a Surfire to send me a new battery. Since it can't fly it took longer time but it came.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is another way - to measure with a multimeter, taking off the cap, how much light the current consumes, may be Olight 18650 hdc 3,7 v 3500 mah will suit - the battery has protection and discharge current up to 10 amperes + they can be easily bought in Europe

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is another way - to measure with a multimeter, taking off the cap, how much light the current consumes, may be Olight 18650 hdc 3,7 v 3500 mah will suit - the battery has protection and discharge current up to 10 amperes + they can be easily bought in Europe

I agree, go safe and sound (cheap and fast in this case also)
Surfires are expensive to play with.

Mr. Owl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip desert.snake, I'll check out the Olight batteries.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
The Keeppower 18650 is button top, 3500mAh and 10A discharge. It can be found at Nkon.

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So anyone knows the continuous discharge rate of the SF 3400?
Was encouraged to get a few, so I got three. Burned them in on the Opus BT-C3100 (C3400) charger and the final readouts are 3356mAh, 3280mAh and 3351mAh respectively.
But I didn't get time to stress-test them in other ways.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it's around 5-6A or even more as stated in several forum posts. Using protected is not a good idea. I've placed KP 18650 protected in R1 cr123 modified carrier and it couldn't light up the flashlight. When i've replaced it with Sony VTC6 was ok.

Mr. Owl

Newly Enlightened
Just a little update: I found two 2900 mAh Redilast 18650 which I did not know I had, I thought meh... Let's try it, and guess what it works like a dream. So I tried the Redilast battery that I tried the first time again and it did not work, not in any other lights either. It's defective.

So the conclusion: If you are looking for batteries for the Fury DFT, I can confirm that at least Redilast 2900 mAh works. Trying to get my hands on the 3400 mAh version but I can't get into Redilast's site at the moment.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a little update: I found two 2900 mAh Redilast 18650 which I did not know I had, I thought meh... Let's try it, and guess what it works like a dream. So I tried the Redilast battery that I tried the first time again and it did not work, not in any other lights either. It's defective.

So the conclusion: If you are looking for batteries for the Fury DFT, I can confirm that at least Redilast 2900 mAh works. Trying to get my hands on the 3400 mAh version but I can't get into Redilast's site at the moment.

Maybe you're referring to the 2900HC (high current) variant rated at ~10A.

BTW the EDC+ site won't be back online anytime soon. Said web needs to migrate into a new backbone or something...