Flashlight for Senior's Purse

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,
I am looking for a flashlight for a senior citizen's purse. One that will be hard to come on accidentally. The person in question, my mom, likes the Zebralight sc5c mk ii which is for the house. I read somewhere (maybe in a post by Vinh) that side button flashlights might accidentally turn on easier, at least in your pocket. The tail switch could be unscrewed a bit, but I could easily see this being forgotten and the battery thought depleted or light thought broken.
So I am thinking a relatively simply single cell light with a tail switch. Maybe the new four sevens preon p1 mk iii.
Some sort of AA light would be nice, too.
She is familiar with eneloops.
Thank you

Note: This is part of a general plan for these psychotic fires out here in Northern California. I've been away from this site for a while so I will check the other forum categories for preparation tips, etc.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
What I would do is give her NEBO's Pink Lil Lucy and the Lumintop Tool as a backup on a lanyard.

The Lil Lucy's button is on the top of the light and Tool's is at its tail end.

Include several packs of triple AAA batteries which each light uses (the Lucy 3, the Tool 1) and she keep a spare pack in her dashboard or car trunk.

- LetThereBeLight!

Exeter354

Enlightened
I can't think of anything more simple and user friendly than a Peak light. AA or AAA, twist on - twist off. Bulletproof.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the Tool. I was going to suggest the Microstream, but that tail button is a little harder to get to and takes a good deal more effort to push.

For a light that would be a little bit longer I would suggest the TerraLUX Lightstar 80. It is a two AAA cell light that is easy to switch on and off, but still stiff enough to guard against accidental activation. It claims 85 lumens, but I think it is actually closer to 70 or so. Still bright enough for around the house.