single cr123 edc

nightowl66

Newly Enlightened
I have a streamlight protac 2L that I like but wanted something shorter. I was going to get a protac 1L but it is only 1/2"shorter.
I'd like to keep it under $40. Prefer a tail switch.

Thanks

Last edited:

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight 1L-1AA is a good choice. Great tint and can use a AA if you don't have fresh cr123 cells aroind, will run on a AAA too.

I used to carry a surefire backup. Perfect size. Very good light, but like every SF I ever had it broke. Normal wear and tear not covered so I tossed it. Waited over a year to find a suitable replacement. My go to light until it dies is an olight M1T. Same function as the backup but brighter and better tint with a wider beam. It also meets your price requirement. It's easily worth twice it's retail price.

nightowl66

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight 1L-1AA is a good choice. Great tint and can use a AA if you don't have fresh cr123 cells aroind, will run on a AAA too.

Thanks, but the 1L is only 1/2"shorter than the 2L. I already have the 2L. Really don't want to buy another light just to save 1/2". I was hoping to find something a little shorter.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Try a Klarus XT1C. Instant access to turbo and low in outdoor mode. In tactical mode you have instant access to turbo and strobe.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the Nitecore EC11. It is a shade under 3" in length. I EDC its cousin the EA11 (a single AA format version). It is a little more expensive than your budget at ~$55 MSRP, but to me worth the money. I carry it on my belt, and usually am not even aware that it is there.

Sos24

Enlightened
The Eagletac D25c is over your budget but it is just under 3in in length with a tail switch and has a good variety of brightness levels and modes for edc.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight S1 Mini? It comes in at 2.13 inches, although slightly over your stated budget @ $50.

But for that $50 you also get a USB rechargeable rCR123, worth about $10 on it's own. If you want small and bright and like mode memory and don't mind the side switch the S1 Mini is a good way to go. Plus it's available in High CRI!!:thumbsup:

Olight makes a two level tailswitch model the Olight M1T Raider. MAP is $40

I have no experience but here is a CPF review:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-for-US-version)&highlight=Olight+M1T+Raider

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight S Mini is pretty short, comes in titanium of various finishes and aluminum in various finishes.

Pretty short and not much bigger than a 16340, which is supported.

Chris

nightowl66

Newly Enlightened
OP, we're a little curious. What decision, if any, have you made?
I know this is a little late I ended up not buying anything, just used my protac 2l. Someone stated the 1L is 1.3 inches shorter than the 2l, according to all the specs it is only 1/2 inches shorter.

nightowl66

Newly Enlightened
You are looking at the specs for a 1L/1AA which is 4.25". From the Sreamlight sight a simple 1L is 3.35".
Thanks, I didn't realize there were 2 different lights. I'll add that to my Amazon wish list and wait for a price drop.