• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight maintenance

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
I have recently bought three of your lights and was wondering what you recommend for maintaining the lights, if any is needed. I am in Canada so what oils/lube/grease do you recommend and how often to apply. Also, what is recommended for the o-rings. Some say silicone and not any fossil oils, but only if the rings are silicone themselves?

I am just starting out with flashlights (coming from knife collecting) and am interested in keeping my "stuff" in reasonably good shape.

I have the i1R, the i3T, and the M2R, so far.

Last edited:

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
I have used silicone dielectric grease for years without problems. Its on the thick side IMO but is cheap compared to products made to lube flashlight o-rings. A tube will last a lifetime. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AL8VD2/?tag=cpf0b6-20

For the better part of the last two evenings, I read most of the Comprehensive-Grease-and-Lube-Thread. I noticed a lot of different recommendations, but no definitive answer. However, I followed your recommendation (and quite a few others it seems) and bought a tube of Permatex Dielectric Silicone grease for 4 bucks at the local Canadian Tire store and should be good to go.:thumbsup:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
my grease flowchart... :laughing:

E4PCcBz.jpg

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
For the better part of the last two evenings, I read most of the Comprehensive-Grease-and-Lube-Thread. I noticed a lot of different recommendations, but no definitive answer. However, I followed your recommendation (and quite a few others it seems) and bought a tube of Permatex Dielectric Silicone grease for 4 bucks at the local Canadian Tire store and should be good to go.:thumbsup:

thats what I use and I have a light that's 17 years old now with the original o ring. It's like it's still new. Your choice is perfect.