Need help with my next project.

elalto46

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Now that I have my C8 mod well underway (with help from this forum) I am ready to go onto my next challenge with, hopefully, the help of this forum again.

I have a Utorch ut02, which I believe is a clone of the Manker U21. I inadvertently shorted the LED + & - wires, with the reflector, and of course it will not light now. I don't know if I fried the LED or the driver and really don't know how to determine that (help).

I have been looking for a replacement LED on the appropriate MCPCB but cannot seem to find anything on a 28mm MCPCB (help).

Also, if I did fry the driver I will need a combination of driver/LED to rebuild my UT02, once again any recommendations?

I would really appreciate any and all comments and suggestions, as with the charging & switch circuits involved this will be a much bigger challenge than the C8.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Marcos (elalto46)

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
shorting the + & - is something we've all done. Have you checked to see that the LED still works directly? Have two wires with a magnet on one end and alligator clips on the other. hook up a CR123 and touch the clips to the correct spots on the LED. Then test the driver in the same fashion.

From there, your repair path will be more straight-forward