26650 mod

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Geek Vape has up'd the antee for one cell devices with a 26650 version of the Aegis. For the lower watt vape needs that dude is a beast.

It has a fairly straight forward UI with the ability to change coil types, temperature control and watts. A fairly user friendly approach to operate it so folks like me who haven't figured out the typical satellite remote control yet can easily operate this dude.

It's got curves in just the right places for a comfy, positive grip and enough size to know you are holding a solid device. It is made for extreme vaper types who vape while playing under water with sharks or at the summit of Mt. Everest, yet it gives the rest of us the confidence to know a surprise thunderstorm or an accidental drop is no issue.

My brother cooks his juice in the 50's watts-wise and does long draws from it. He told me his gets used all day and at full charge he still has 40% battery at days end. I'm on day 4 with mine and using 14 watts after work the battery still shows 100%.

Here it is versus some other small devices and some flashlights
IMG_20180814_221525.jpg

Versus a SureFire Aviator A2
IMG_20180814_221542.jpg

And looking down at a SureFire 6P and Malkoff MDC 1xAA
IMG_20180814_221609.jpg

The battery is fastened inside the box via a screw off plug of sorts.
IMG_20180814_224338.jpg

And here's the included battery versus a 1 cell flashlight.
IMG_20180814_224600.jpg

Heck, if nothing else perhaps this jewel will help push the envelope of 26mm batteries so our flashlights can benefit.

No touchscreen, it won't text or instagram, it won't start your car from indoors, nor will it set your dvr. :(

What it will do is provide all day battery life for the low temp cookers. My brother told me he goes through 2-3 (4ml) tanks per charge.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Good stuff, if(big IF) you venture into sub ohm coils, dual builds...................lucky to maybe get a day. My 200w version runs on 2x vtc6 cells(or vtc5), they get swapped out around 5pm. Weekend when vape more(not got 3hrs in between vape then during the day) i can swap out the cells twice. V gets down to 3.2v before no more! .

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My brother says he's getting a full day from his using a Falcon top. I think he's cooking at 0.3 ohms between 40 and 50 watts.

Take that back, he's going between a baby prince and Iken tanks I gave him. I tried all kinds of stuff and stayed with a Zenith on my Legend.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I am only running right now a dual 0.5ohm, so 0.25(reads 0.28) at 19w . Now obviously the variable is endless hear(Vape time and amount of Vapes). I do Vape pretty heavy, I admit that , so I have to use dual cell mods(or it's 5-6 cell swaps a day!). If I allow my cells to get right down near the 3.2v cut off, I can just get away with one swap a day in the week.

Up at 5:20am, up to 15m of Vape time, come 8am I am looking at 20-25m. Then around 12pm again 20m or so. 2pm finish, 15m of Vape time on the journey home. Then afternoon is fairly busy Vape wise. Come 9pm, it's near cell swap time for fresh next day vaping....and repeat. Weekend is a different ball(Vape) game , up around 6 ish so cell swaps are more frequent due to not 3hr+ gaps.

I will at some point be adding the 100w for sure, that was actually my 1st choice out of the brothers. I am not even sure why I picked the dual cell200w version rbh. I do think the potential Vape time advantage played a part. But a strong contender on equipment is also in hand feel. I knew(still know) the 26650 version will fit in the hand like a c cell
mag(perfectly). I seem to have opted for the twin AA mag feel....

Only other thing would be the tail cap, threaded and to undo. I know at weekend it would be 3 times in a day, no biggie for sure . The lock system on the 200w is pretty strong. This was a big gripe on my smok 270 as the door sprung open ejecting the 20700 cells like spent cartridges from a shot gun! I can tell you first hand, this is no fun on a motor way! When caught or knocked against the gear stick.......yep rolling all over the floor and no Vape till a safe place to come
off and stop. That wore thin very fast. Thinking about it, both have pros and cons as with all mods. But a nice 26650 which can take a drop or two is on the cards.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
2 weeks in and my supplied battery had reached about 60% so I charged it today. A "H(ohm) Grown" 26650 is still in the plastic.

Bought a 21700 mod the other day. It runs on an 18650 right now while I wait for a pair of 20700 "Sherlock H(ohms)" to arrive.