Surefire L1 AA body extension

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a request to make a 2aa body extension for someone. I think I can finally say I have got the hang of internal and external threading. Here is the finished product. If I was only setup to anodize.

L1 extension

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Pretty tube. I am so accustomed to Al either anodized or if bare, not polished... but shiny Al is attractive.

Please excuse me or ignore if I take topic sideways. If you can make that L1 extender, you can probably design and make your own E series host. Most of the cell configurations are covered by other designs, even if they are not always easily available, such as 1xAA, 2xAA, 2x18500, 3x16340... but an option that is glaringly missing is an E Series thread-compatible 2x18650 host, or perhaps a radical (or absurd) idea, a two-piece host (so batteries can load) for 3x34615 (or D cell). If you can make one you can perhaps make 3 dozen with less cost per unit. If you make them, maybe I can get one. I wish I could do what you can do, then I probably wouldn't post so much OT dribble.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty tube. I am so accustomed to Al either anodized or if bare, not polished... but shiny Al is attractive.

Please excuse me or ignore if I take topic sideways. If you can make that L1 extender, you can probably design and make your own E series host. Most of the cell configurations are covered by other designs, even if they are not always easily available, such as 1xAA, 2xAA, 2x18500, 3x16340... but an option that is glaringly missing is an E Series thread-compatible 2x18650 host, or perhaps a radical (or absurd) idea, a two-piece host (so batteries can load) for 3x34615 (or D cell). If you can make one you can perhaps make 3 dozen with less cost per unit. If you make them, maybe I can get one. I wish I could do what you can do, then I probably wouldn't post so much OT dribble.

Thanks! I am a modder and mainly just do these one off projects that people want for fun and to learn as I go. I do have plans for a custom light as time allows.