Something to replace Surefire PX3 Fury Tactical single output.

slackercruster

Newly Enlightened
Born L.A. - NYC 2nd home - Rustbelt home base
I can't find any of the original Surefire PX3 Fury Tactical single output 1000 lumen lights. All I can find are the Surefire InteliBeam garbage. What the hell is wrong with Surefire?? That was an outstanding light.

Any suggestions for a clone of the original PX3?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
No love for the new dual fuel Fury? If I may ask, is there a warranty issue with your P3X?

Another alternative in the tactical genre would be the Elzetta Charlie.

Zak

Enlightened
The Fury DFT sounds like what you're asking for. An 18650 has as much energy as three CR123s, and it's rechargeable. Other stuff that's somewhat comparable includes the Armytek Dobermann Pro (single-mode when the head is tightened) and the Elzetta Bones. All of these support one 18650 or two CR123s.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Bones would be a fine choice. My concern, however, is that the OP is accustomed to the cool white, high output, and deep reflector of the SF P3X. He might be underwhelmed by the wide, neutral tinted beam from the Elzetta. Having owned both the SF P3X and the Elzetta Bravo/Charlie, I think Elzetta wins in terms of build quality, but the nature of the beam would be an adjustment for a seasoned SF user.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
No warranty issues, reliable for me . Were the original lights problem prone?

AFAIK, they we're not problem prone. I think people wanted more lumens and rechargeable options. The DFT solves both needs.
That said, I still like the feel of a 3 cell light in the hand. You can save a search on eBay to alert you when one comes up for sale or put up a WTB ad here on CPF.

slackercruster

Newly Enlightened
The Bones would be a fine choice. My concern, however, is that the OP is accustomed to the cool white, high output, and deep reflector of the SF P3X. He might be underwhelmed by the wide, neutral tinted beam from the Elzetta. Having owned both the SF P3X and the Elzetta Bravo/Charlie, I think Elzetta wins in terms of build quality, but the nature of the beam would be an adjustment for a seasoned SF user.

Yes correct. I don't like wide beams.

Will check out the Fury DFT.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any suggestions for a clone of the original PX3?

Have a look at the Malkoff M91T MD3, it may be a good alternative for you.

It outputs 750 lumens without a drop, it has a TIR lens so looks brighter than 750 would suggest and has a similar spill to the SF P2X etc. It runs on 3 x CR123's or 2 x 18500 rechargeables.

It is a clicky switch not a momentary but you can use SF tailcaps on Malkoffs.

slackercruster

Newly Enlightened
Got the Fury DFT. Very happy with it. Like it much better than the P3X. Thanks for coming through guys!!

On another note...

I had a SF LX2 Lumamax stop working a few weeks ago. I sent it back to SF with no hassle. SF called me a week later and said they could not fix it - discontinued and they had no parts. They offered a new DFT in exchange. So grabbed it. Now have 2 DFT, which is fine. Nice that some companies still stand behind their products...SF could not have offered better service.

BTW, I have about 10 or 11 of the SF LX2's and a number of other SF's. First time I had an issue with any of them.