• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement: NITECORE EC4GTS 1800 Lumen Long Throw Search Flashlight

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
NITECORE EC4GTS 1800 Lumen Diecast Unibody Search Flashlight

1800 lumen max output with 433 yards throw

Dual button controls located near bezel

Direct access to Turbo and Ultralow

Powered by 2x 18650 batteries for up to 380 hours runtime

Now taking pre-orders! Save 15% with coupon code CPF15OFF

Now taking pre-orders! Save 15% with coupon code CPF15OFF

markr6

Flashaholic
I love the weight, size, shape, UI, almost everything about this format. Nice mode spacing on this one too.

You all knew I would bring this up, so here it is. I wonder if the parasitic drain issue was fixed? It made these lights pretty useless in the past, knocking down two fully charged cells to 50% in a matter of weeks.

I wish all manufacturers would state the drain or at least keep it reasonable. For example, I just saw the new Sunwayman C23C and they list the standby drain at 30uA. That's fine by me.

Hell, after all that I may give this one a try anyway.

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
I love the weight, size, shape, UI, almost everything about this format. Nice mode spacing on this one too.

You all knew I would bring this up, so here it is. I wonder if the parasitic drain issue was fixed? It made these lights pretty useless in the past, knocking down two fully charged cells to 50% in a matter of weeks.

I wish all manufacturers would state the drain or at least keep it reasonable. For example, I just saw the new Sunwayman C23C and they list the standby drain at 30uA. That's fine by me.

Hell, after all that I may give this one a try anyway.

We talked to the engineers. The standy time for the light is 9+ months. So the current drain issue should be resolved now.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
May we inquire from the engineers what the fix was? I am not interested in any proprietary information, but I own quite a few of these lights-if the fix was a new switch, May we purchase them to install on all our older models? If was was on the circuit board, is it something that I'd beyond our scope to do could we pay you a reasonable fee to have it done?

TLRam1

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy one of these in the next few days, how do I know I am getting a newer one with the parasitic drain fixed and what tells me if a dealer sends me one that has been on the shelf of the old design?

markr6

Flashaholic
I still can't commit. They say 9+ months standby. Even if it's 10 months til dead, that means roughly 5 months until your batteries are 50% dead. Hell, my flashlights almost never reach 50% even when I'm actively USING them let along sitting on a shelf. I can go pick up any light on my shelf right now and bet it's at 90% or better (they were likely 90-92% to start with!!!)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Re: New Product Announcement: NITECORE EC4GTS 1800 Lumen Long Throw Search Flashl...

After trying out the EC4GTS for a couple weeks...I love this light! When I store the lights, I use a small piece of plastic between the Tailcap and battery terminals-no parasitic drainage here...

Or just leave the cap off. The problem is, it's the least friendly cap to unscrew. Not the end of the world, but compared to a cap that you can loosen in half a second, it's not something I want to do every time I put the light away.

It wish it was like the Emisar D4S I was testing for drain. 4.07v to start....4.07v two weeks later. And that's WITH aux leds running 24/7.