Fenix BC21R replacement mount, and rear light question

mhooper

Newly Enlightened
Hello All!
I have a fenix BC21R and the mount is, I suspect, about to snap. What can I use to replace it? Is there a screw-on version that's more secure? I like the light a lot, but the mount isn't great...

Also, I need a new rear light. I want something bright, and with an irregular flash that I can use in combination with a Klarus TL1. I really want to be seen! Mostly riding during the day, though at some times of the year I ride after dark, too.

kj2

Flashaholic
As rear light I use the Klarus TL1 as well. When it's really foggy then I use my Lezyne Zecto Drive Max.
Don't know if it fits, should contact Fenix for that, but maybe you can use the Fenix ALB-10 bike mount. Maybe the BC21R fits the base plate of the ALB-10.

DavisonDave

Newly Enlightened
Don't know if it fits, should contact Fenix for that, but maybe you can use the Fenix ALB-10 bike mount. Maybe the BC21R fits the base plate of the ALB-10.

I have both and would like a better mount for the BC21R. So I tried and it doesn't fit.

GaryF

Enlightened
I have both and would like a better mount for the BC21R. So I tried and it doesn't fit.

If you still have the ALB-10, try sliding the BC21R into it from the back. It's a snug fit, but it will go. The remaining issue is that it won't lock into place. It's such a snug fit that I doubt that the light would go anywhere, but just to be sure, on the mount I drilled a couple of tiny holes at the front of the channel and ran a chunk of a paper clip through the holes, bending and gluing the ends to keep it in place. Picture something like a watch pin spanning the front end of the channel on the mount, blocking the light from pushing out on the front. You might be able to accomplish the same with just a couple of drops of superglue to block the channel.

I' ve been using the BC21R with the ALB-10 mount like this for over a year. It's rock solid, the only complaint is that it's a little more difficult to add / remove the light because it's not a perfect fit. But it works.

Last edited: