Are EFest batteries suitable for a Fenix PD35

ZXD

Newly Enlightened
My Fenix PD32 crapped out on me after 2 years and I'm thinking about replacing it with a PD35TAC or PD35 V2. I got a few EFEST 2500mah 18650's and a few Fenix ARB L18 in 3400 and 3500 mah. I have heard less than great reviews for the Fenix batteries. The Efest are flat tops and they work fine with my PD32 but i read the battery tube is longer in the PD35, will they still work? If no, do yall have goods recommendations for the PD35? I'm not so concerned with getting the absolute max out of the light but more with how long the battery lasts per charge and how many times it canbe recharged. Thanks.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
I would first off check with Fenix about your PD 32, Fenix has a "LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY" on there website. As far as upgrading to one of the PD 35 series lights you will get some more lumens but I don't think you're going to notice a "very big" difference in output. If you're thinking about an upgrade there might be some other lights to check out or lights with other features like in light charging etc... As far as the batteries go there are some improvements that you'll probably notice over the original Fenix battery cells you currently have now. I personally like the on line store "ILLUNN" they have a good selection of legit non fake batteries at some of the best prices around, there are several other good sellers on line too. The Sanyo NCR 18650GA for example is a good choice they come in flat top or button top, unprotected and protected 3500mah cells, and ILLUMN has a lot more choices of other batteries too. The PD series lights in my opinion are nice lights, I have a PD35 that is about 5 yrs old now and still works like new (knock on wood, my head) but I would at least check on the warranty Fenix has and Check out some good quality batteries too.

Last edited: