jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a Novatac Spa Defense 120T, weight is 80 grams with 16340

43448526444_db1e6dc563_h.jpg

N219b 4500k 9080 on left
43448524774_bd0ca6587d_h.jpg

the same two lights, off, illumintated by UV
30299673988_412b7a63fe_h.jpg

after about 1000 clicks, I have it programmed! badly…

single click from off, is now 6 lumens (it flickers)
double click from on, is now maximum, 67 lumens (the light does NOT produce 120 lumens)
one of the levels, tripple click from on, is now strobe
press from on gives the lowest mode 0.1 lumen (this is not practical, I have not figured out how to change it), letting go of the button returns to previous mode

I have figured out how to access beacon, presently I have it OFF
I have figured out how to enable memory, presently I have it OFF

At one point I got a setting that only created a strobe on press from off. I did not like it so I did a factory reset, which requires unscrewing the cap, retightening, and holding the button for 10 seconds until the light turns off.. This took me back to default Tactical programming, and I had to do the 250 click hack to get back to be able to change brightness settings on individual modes.

I guess I have used up the batteries, cause now when I try to click on, it gives a double flash..

Inserting a fresh battery, resumed my customized "abnormal" operation. However, something strange happened at some point, clicking ON produced 3 flashes, only.. I as able to defeat it with a tripple click.. seems I had enabled electronic lockout.. I have turned that off now

Its an interesting set of features, quite entertaining, but definitely confusing, and requires looking at the cheat sheets:

===
https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Legacy/NovaTac/NovaTacUsersGuide.pdf
43451309584_12f5461ed0_h.jpg

6 flashes> Error - nothing changed - exits menu

Here are the 9 option menus:
1. Emergency strobe <flash>
2. Emergency SOS signal <SOS>
3. Locator flash <dim flash>
4. Force setting <long flash>
5. Automatic button lock <three rapid flashes>
6. Automatic turn off <bright-to-dim>
7. Simple momentary <short-long flash>
8. Tactical momentary <short-short-long flash>
9. Ramping/Options menu <dim-to-bright>

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool, still not conquered the 250 press and i just CBA anymore trying lol Shame, but i can cope with the hi, double tap for low. Only one that does my head in is the press/hold which gives me an unwanted hateful strobe....................so dont press and hold! It tell my self
219b 4k/219c 5k, 219b 4k

JHuqgTIl.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
your pics inspired me ven

fwiw, my secret to the 250 click is to start from ON, with the bezel down against a table, then click click 250+ times and then Hold.

result, the light flashes.. release the button

this is the first of 9 programming modes..
click 8 times to reach menu 9

we want to enable #9, the ramping menu, by holding the button until the light turns off..

now the light is programmable, no more 250 clicks needed
and now we can change the brightness of each preset..

let me know if you get that far and we can go for a swim in deep water together :)

Im not exactly sure yet how I killed the strobe on press.. but, it got lost along the way, and I do not know how to get it back :)

I made more changes
atm Memory is OFF
momentary is off

click ON gives the lowest mode, 0.14 lumens
double click from ON gives 3.2 lumens
triple click from ON gives 40 lumens.
hold from ON gives the lowest mode (I want to learn how to change that)

the magic part is
from any mode while ON, I can click click hold to enter the ramping menu and customize the brightness of that setting.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Damn.....................this kind of means i need to try again, i am not one for giving up. But the 250 clicks, my thumb looking like my big toe pushed me over the edge...........

.,.......................goes to get the 120T:crazy:

ven

Flashaholic
Done it 1st time!

Problem once flashing,pressed 8 times, held then came on full and stayed on

ven

Flashaholic
I can press hold from off, so hi is hi, not strobe

Strobe is on low mode if i hold it

Hope dont need to do 250 clicks again, it seems to have changed it, but never got to the ramping part.

ven

Flashaholic
Just done my ano stripped 219b as well 1st time, must be because i have NOT had my weetabix, damn, 500 click at 07.15 aint good for ones thumb haha

This seems to work, as 3 clicks i get the flashling to show in modes.

Trouble is , dont know what to do next really. I actually like the 30lm start, and double tap for high on this. Would be nice to throw a little different level in if can.

ven

Flashaholic
My 120 SPA defo starts on low now, instead of 300lm!!! ish which is a little more ideal for my use.

Forget that, starts in high still :laughing:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
perfect
Bob's your Uncle
no more 250 click

lets test your light
turn on
do click click hold
To change the brightness level of the current setting, turn your light on and then click- click-press (2 clicks and a press) the button to ramp to a new brightness level.

Are you able to ramp?
let go, turn off, that saves the new brightness for that preset

No more 250 click

you can now access ramping by click click hold, and customize whatever preset you are in, on the fly

you can also now get to the menu with click click click hold, and you arrive at #1, like you did after your perfect 250 single execution
congrats, your light is unlocked and programmable

--

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Legacy/NovaTac/NovaTacUsersGuide.pdf
Each option has a unique identification flash and a known position in the menu. When you enter the Option menu, you always enter at the first menu item. Click the button once to move to the next menu item. Double-click to reverse direction and move to the previous menu item. The menu wraps around from the last item to the first item and vice versa.

When you have selected the desired menu item, press and hold the button for two (2) seconds until your light turns off. If you are enabling the option, your light will display an increasing brightness sequence. If you are disabling the option, your light will display a decreasing brightness sequence.

If you do not touch the button for 10 seconds, if you enter an unknown menu command or if you do not hold the button down until the light turns off, your light exits the Option menu without changing the option setting and displays the error flash sequence consisting of 6 rapid flashes.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
If i double click hold, it kind of ramps but does not appear all levels, just gets brighter then a flash.

The SPA just strobes on click click click hold................arghhhhh

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
> If i double click hold, it kind of ramps but does not appear all levels, just gets brighter then a flash.

double flash confirms the top of the ramp

> The SPA just strobes on click click click hold................

thats good!
you have arrived at Menu Option 1, there are 9 menus

you previously enabled menu 9, which gave you ramping

now you can disable strobe by press and hold on the Strobe menu, whose indicator flash looks like... a Strobe!.. Press and hold the strobe indicator until the light turns off. bye bye strobe

look, the FLASH is the strobe menu indicator light:

ven

Flashaholic
Right the 250 clicks are no longer a problem, but it seems what ever i am doing is not right after that. And that is the bit that is going to get the lights thrown hard against a wall very fast.

It starts to blink, i release, i then do 8 presses and it seems to ramp(pretty quick), then just back to how it is.

ven

Flashaholic
> If i double click hold, it kind of ramps but does not appear all levels, just gets brighter then a flash.

double flash confirms the top of the ramp

> The SPA just strobes on click click click hold................

thats good!
you have arrived at Menu Option 1, there are 9 menus

you previously enabled menu 9, which gave you ramping

now you can disable strobe by press and hold on the Strobe menu, whose indicator flash looks like... a Strobe!.. Press and hold the strobe indicator until the light turns off. bye bye strobe

Right step by step to get rid of strobe then please lol

Dont get this menu thing at all, not seeing any different options now

So what to ckick and how many of please

ven

Flashaholic
3 clicks press and hold for menu just strobes, that is my problem, not getting into menu.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
> And that is the bit that is going to get the lights thrown hard against a wall very fast

use Rum :)

your mission is to confirm you can change the brightness of one setting before we get into the triple click hold menus

so.. just turn on your light, while On do double click hold
IF ramping really IS enabled, the brightness will ramp up and at the top of the ramp it will double flash, all this time, you have been holding the button

let go, the light is still on, at maximum now
turn off, that saves that level for that preset

next we go back and learn how to ramp down.. to reverse the ramp, do double click hold, and watch the light get dimmer and dimmer, until it reaches the bottom of the ramp and gives a double flash

release button, turn off
saved

IF none of this works, we have to go back to menu 9 and enable.. thats triple click hold release, you get flash from reaching Menu Option 1.

now click 8 times, to reach menu 9
press hold until light turns off
if it ramped UP, you enabled, if it ramped down, you disabled

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 clicks press and hold for menu just strobes, that is my problem, not getting into menu.

I think, hope, you are confusing the Strobe menu indicator Flashing, for a strobe?

if 3click hold is working, you ARE in the Option Menu #1, ready to Disable strobe with press and hold till light turns off

look at all the different flashes that the Options menu uses to indicate which item it is on:
look, the FLASH is the strobe menu indicator light:

those are all indicator lights for whatever menu you are reaching, but you are not enabling a menu until you PRESS HOLD till the light turns OFF

I think, hope :)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The last bit is on low, press and hold it ramps up, release it ramps to low automatically