Foursevens got bought out!? Whats the equivalent of their Quark Pro series?

dallsbeep

Newly Enlightened
HAve you ever been in love with a particular model or brand of flashlights and then all of the sudden they are gone!? I feel like a nerd for saying this, but its a little unsettling.

I have loved the QP flashlights and have gone through about 3 or so. (I work in the maritime industry so they are lost, or probably relocated to new owners!) They have great battery life on low lumen settings and throw the perfect amount of light. I tried going to the site to re up on my supply and low and behold they were bought out. I was hoping you guys would be able to point me in the right direction of something similar with a moonlight mode that would last 15 or 30 days of run time and runs on 2 AA batteries preferably (ease of use and have a ton of them)

The Quark Pro QP2AX (has the XM-L emitter) (2xAA)

Moonlight (0.3 lumens), Low (2.7 lumens), Medium (24 lumens), High (115 lumens), Max (280 lumens), Beacon, Strobe, or SOS

I like to keep things really simple and this flashlight was just about as perfect as it got for me. I will begin researching flashlights tomorrow but if you guys are already in the know about a comparable flashlight your input would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Joseph

holygeez03

Enlightened
Happens all the time if you are a "particular" person... I have a closet full of a certain model of universal remote because when one breaks I would go insane if I had to re-program a new one and train my brain/fingers to use different buttons... now when one goes down, I grab a new one from the closet, plug it in to my PC via USB and hit "update".

This also happens to me (and others I'm sure) with shoes, hats, firearms, knives, etc.

The only advice I can give is "buy cheap and stack deep"!

Time to go check ebay for more remotes...

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAve you ever been in love with a particular model or brand of flashlights and then all of the sudden they are gone!?

Yes!

I still can't find a comparable replacement for the Quark Tactical lights I have. Luckily I bought three of them in my favorite configuration, but it still amazes me that I can't find anything with the cell versatility and simplicity of UI that it has.

Good luck in your search.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never thought I would have a favorite light and want to have multiple copies of it in the past, but recently I realized that my favorite general purpose and EDC light for multiple years running is the Fenix TK09 (2015 edition). So yes, I can relate haha. I am not super hard on lights, but I at least found one brand new somewhere online and bought it as a backup. Maybe I should get more than one backup lol!

Unfortunately I don't know of any that fulfill your criteria either. But best of luck!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The QP2A-X is one of my all time favorites, and I stocked up on a few. Might have a spare if you are interested.... new in box or used. PM me if interested.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moonlight (0.3 lumens), Low (2.7 lumens), Medium (24 lumens), High (115 lumens), Max (280 lumens), Beacon, Strobe, or SOS

a comparable flashlight

as a Maritime person, youre in good hands with the a guy whose handle is a mirror image of a Snapper

here is a 2x AA light with a similar moonlight level, if you decide to jump ship:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OLTAGZ0/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Firefly: 0.2 lumen (28 days);
Low: 17 lumen (4 days);
Medium: 75 lumen (11 hours);
High: 500 lumen (96 minutes);
Strobe: 500 lumen (140 minutes)