• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Sold: McG and Mac LEs.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Guys. I have two spare light engines sitting about that I would like to send to good homes.

The first is a McGizmo XP-G cool tint that originally was in my Haiku. This is a 3 mode, 3-4.2v engine. Works normally, no issues. $65 SOLD

13B0C643-D8A6-4196-A3DD-E8582A93E364_zpsdcqwgfzl.jpeg

The second is an engine from my Mac Tri EDC that had been modded by flucero28 some years ago with new emitters and programmable board. It has four modes: ML, L, M, H, with high being about 300 lumens or so. Driven at 1050mA on high, with traditional memory and 2 second mode latch. The emitters are high CRI XP-Gs, and are quite warm. Works normally, no issues. $60 SOLD

A8B37727-2CB0-4CF4-ABD2-5185EB122B0E_zpsv8y7kgik.jpeg

24E6F97A-F568-4452-A262-B1290541E900_zpswodpyosr.jpeg

These are perhaps considered "outdated" emitters, but they still put out light just the same as they did a few years ago! Use them as-is, or as platforms for some mods with your new favorite emitters! Let me know if you have questions.

Prices include PP fees and shipping in the USA.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Mac Tri EDC and McGizmo Light Engines

Prices dropped. Let's put these in some lights!

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Mac Tri EDC and McGizmo Light Engines

McG engine SOLD

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: Mac Tri EDC Light Engine - Warm XP-G

Price drop on Mac engine.

nbp

Flashaholic

Indeed. The mods were about $80.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTS: Mac Tri EDC Light Engine - Warm XP-G

Just for info, haiku LE arrived and i can tell you it fits perfect in Aleph2 head. No issues with the reflector since solder points are protected with insulation tapes. Although i have only 1 mode but that's fine by me since i'm in the process installing McE2S in the tailcap so having dimm and full bright would be perfect.

UPDATE: it has 3 modes, switch had some contact issues-solved. That being said, McE2S won't work.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

Glad to hear that the light engine is working properly - I never had an issue with it so I was a bit concerned at first!

I'm not too familiar with the McE2S switch, or why it won't work. Maybe there is a good older thread on Aleph parts compatibility that would be of help.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTS: Mac Tri EDC Light Engine - Warm XP-G

All good, my ignorance created a fuss. It's my first gizmo and i love it! Now i wish i had a host for the other LE

archimedes

Flashaholic

FYI ... and then we'll leave your sales thread alone, the McE2S switch is not intended to be used with a multimode driver of this sort.

This 3S light engine is designed to work with the McClickie switch, instead. A replacement switch assembly of this type is still readily available, and easily replaced.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

No worries, I don't mind the extra chatter.

Good to know, thanks buddy. I have never had one of those switches. McClickies are easy to get and install though if the tailcap he's using accepts them. That I have done and it's no problem.

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: Mac Tri EDC Light Engine - Warm XP-G $60

Sweet, sounds good brother. I'll send you a PM with PP info.