Lights for an Electrician

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys, I have a buddy who is an electrician and is using those hardware store Coast brand lights right now. I'm giving him suggestions on getting a real light. Need a suggestion for both head lamp and handheld. Long runtime would be good as he uses it for 8 hours a day sometimes. Also don't want something that will be too hot on the headlamp.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
I have a bit of general advice. Please recommend a Neutral White (as opposed to Cool White) or high-CRI (such as Nichia 219b) light. When I was an apprentice electrician, that would have been very helpful for me. Cool white LEDs tend to wash out colors, and this is made worse when hotspots are very strong and output is too high. Better color rendering makes identifying colors of wire insulation, metals and other materials, and resistor and warning label color codes much easier. For an electrician, difficulty telling colors apart can be dangerous.

For the headlamp, something floody would be usually helpful. Perhaps one of the warm or neutral Zebralights in an "F" variant.

Just my two cents...but the exchange rate may be different where you are. :) Good luck!!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably a Zebralight H604w. 127 lumens of pure flood in a 4500k CCT and 80cri for 14 fully regulated hours should be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts