• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FireFlies ROT66vn - Most Compact PopCan?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

• Great design & Performance
  • Cool Blue AUX LEDs
  • Anduril UI
  • All specs will have Sky Lumen Warranty
Spec 1 XPL HI 6500K Lumen 7000, 60Kcd, 490m Throw $100
Spec 2 XPL HI 5000K Lumen $100
Spec 3 Samsung 351 HCRI 4000K, Lumen 6200, 25Kcd, 316m Throw $200
Spec 4 Samsung 5000K $200
Spec 5 Nichia 219c 5000K $200
Spec 6 XPG2 PDT $200

Please note the options you prefer in checkout note:
A) Black or Sand color
B) Low, Med (Stock), High AUX brightness

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: FireFlies R0T66vn

First sample has 1 dead Dead XPL HI upon start up. Took light apart to reveals mostly crushed LEDS.

New Samsung LED replaced

2nd Sample has optics poorly installed that misaligned with LEDs. Luckily no LED damage.

I will look at more samples and update

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Alrighty than....... This could be good! :thumbsup:

So far I like it a a lot despite poor assembly from the factory. More pocket friendly than MK34vn although longer. I still like both Equally. Stock price of $125 excellent though.

All versions will have my warranty and I will look over and touch up them all.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other member got the one dead led too.. vn version is way to go because he inspect everything.. like to see beamshots.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't see a reason to go with any other LED besides the 219B SW45K R9080 Nichia on this one. If you can make a version with the Nichia E21A SM503 R9080 (or even optisolis) color me interested. :twothumbs

Scary about the crushed emitters. Lord knows how badly they get handled while shipped across the world.

The stock driver and UI are very good. Fully flat regulated output up to 700 lumens with the Nichia is super practical.

When asked about the Samsung LEDs, fireflies said they were too large to be installed in the optics? Guess they were wrong?

Last edited:

Zak

Enlightened
E21As don't like FET drivers much, even when you have a lot of them. The forward voltage is extremely low.

90 CRI LH351Ds do come a couple flux bins higher at 5000K than they do at 4000K. Arrow and Digikey both have them. Arrow was selling them for 74 cents for a while, but it's back up to $2.46 (with free overnight shipping on all orders).

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't see a reason to go with any other LED besides the 219B SW45K R9080 Nichia on this one. If you can make a version with the Nichia E21A SM503 R9080 (or even optisolis) color me interested. :twothumbs

Scary about the crushed emitters. Lord knows how badly they get handled while shipped across the world.

The stock driver and UI are very good. Fully flat regulated output up to 700 lumens with the Nichia is super practical.
If the light is designed in such a way that emitters can be damaged from rough handling during shipment, then that is a tragically poor design. Seems like an issue of sloppy assembly to me.

I have a Nichia 9080 version on the way that I bought solely because of the LEDs. I would be interested to see how the Samsung's compare to the Nichias though. Beamshots?

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
This is not good news as i have the Nichia version on the way also. Hope mine isn't trashed like your samples.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one nichia champagne bought from before the group buy and one black nicha from the group buy on the way as well. Now I'm praying for them to be in one piece.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is not good news as i have the Nichia version on the way also. Hope mine isn't trashed like your samples.

I have one nichia champagne bought from before the group buy and one black nicha from the group buy on the way as well. Now I'm praying for them to be in one piece.

I heard nichia version are fine.. no damage..

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Good news: Last sample works fine
Bad news: LEDs are also crushed. Bond wires are nearly lifted on a few LEDs. Reliability is very iffey at this point for those LEDs.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder why they come with a spare tail cap? Is it identical? I know you can purchase a stainless steel cap for an additional $5 from the manufacture.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I wonder why they come with a spare tail cap? Is it identical? I know you can purchase a stainless steel cap for an additional $5 from the manufacture.

Nm those arent spares. They were supplier gifts to me.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard the Samsung LEDs tend to be a little green. One thing that might be nifty for this light-- since there's a glass lens on top of the optics, is the thought of putting a Lee Zircon minus green filter in between there-- like a minus 1/8th or minus 1/4th, to give it a tint that's closer to black body or even slightly below it. I think people would like that very much. Maukka measured with these filters and got amazing results-- CRI in the 96-98 range, R9 in the 80-90 range, and duv that was -.0005.

My first of two ROT66s arrives monday or tuesday. Fingers crossed it's not crushed.

Last edited:

Zak

Enlightened
LH351Ds in 5000K look much like 219Cs, but a little less green.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Black Nichia ROT66 from the group buy arrived today, no damaged LEDs or badly centered LEDs on mine, thankfully. The larger XPL HIs seem to be a little prone to getting crushed by the optics.

LKQ4pW9.jpg

RW1xTnU.jpg

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Black Nichia ROT66 from the group buy arrived today, no damaged LEDs or badly centered LEDs on mine, thankfully. The larger XPL HIs seem to be a little prone to getting crushed by the optics.

LKQ4pW9.jpg

RW1xTnU.jpg

Nice. You are lucky.. have you experienced any green tint ?